Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street
Ranked #18 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“nia”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great location, clean comfortable with helpful staff. Stayed on a sat night, broad street was very busy but we never heard a thing either from the street or other guests.Breakfast a bit of a free for all but tasted good,with reasonable choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Great to see you enjoyed your trip to the NIA and Birmingham and we are glad at the Hampton that we could look after you. Don't leave it long to return to see us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant hotel. Everything you could ask for and more. We stayed on twelfth floor. Amazing. Rooms are beautiful and modern. Beds so comfy. Bathroom gorgeous. Breakfast include free wifi.very worthwhile stay. Its a definite must to stay here. A********

• Stayed December 2013
"Excellent and Grand" - We love the description of your stay. It's great to hear that we ticked all the boxes. See you with us again soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Every time I visit Birmingham I always stay at this hotel. I usually really like it here. I have previously left a 5 star review, and even when I was part of a stag party I arranged for us all to stay here and everyone liked it too. But...this time round was a complete and utter shambles.

I had booked and prepaid through Expedia, as I have done every other time I have stayed here. We booked for three nights, Saturday-Tuesday. However, when we arrived after a very long drive (car park was also full so we had to park elsewhere), we were told there was no record of our booking. At all. And they were fully booked.
They told us they could put us up in Walsall, and we didn't really have a choice because we had nowhere else to go after our long journey. The Hampton did pay for our taxis to and from the hotel, but it was 12 miles away, and a Premier Inn. No offence to Premier Inn (I stay in their hotels too), but we paid for a Hilton in the centre of Birmingham, NOT a budget hotel in another town. The PI was nice, but not what we had paid almost £100 for.

We were planning to go out for dinner and drinks along Broad Street/Brindley Place that night to celebrate out anniversary, but ended up in the PI's Brewers Fayre (what a way to celebrate!). So that was our first night ruined. To be fair however, the lady at the Hampton was good, giving us a bottle of wine, getting taxis both to and from the Walsall hotel, and also arranging transport to the NEC the following morning. So we made the best of a bad job, knowing we still had two nights left at the Hampton ahead of us, and seeing our trip to Walsall as an unexpected adventure.

We stayed at the Hampton for one night, and when we got back to the hotel after a day's shopping we were told we had been CHECKED OUT, and our booking was showing as just ONE night. One cock-up is an inconvenience, two is ridiculous.

Once again the staff were apologetic, but the damage had been done. I was livid. The error was sorted and we were able to stay Monday night too (thank goodness they weren't fully booked again). To add insult to injury once we'd got up to our room we also noticed it hadn't been cleaned while we were gone, so we still had our old towels too. The maid was on our floor when we had left that morning, so why it hadn't been cleaned and replenished is beyond me.

Even the usually lovely breakfast was off this visit. Whoever is cooking the eggs stuck far too much pepper in them, and the beans and mushrooms were really salty too. I think the cooks should leave guests to season their own breakfasts.

Overall we are really disappointed with this visit, which is a shame as every other time I have brought family and friends to this hotel everyone has really liked it.

The staff were as helpful as I think they could've been in the circumstances, however, they did contradict themselves. One said they could not see our reservation and payment via Expedia, and the other said they could see it. Who was right?

I stay away on a regular basis and usually end up in a Hilton, whether a Doubletree, Hampton or otherwise, but after the diabolical nature of this trip I may go elsewhere. A real shame.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gemsie80
I am so sorry to hear about your latest trip to see us but am pleased that this is a one off and you have had such great experiences in the past.
I would love to put this right, please contact me at gm@hbhbroadstreet.com
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

the hotel was well situated for the the bullring and all other ameneties as well as only a short train ride from the nec. we were very pleased that our room was ready early. the hotel is very clean, staff very helpful and the breakfast was fantastic. would go back there and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matt H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time to tell us how your stay was, we love it when our guests have a great time and the team get a real buzz in reading such great feedback.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Lovely friendly staff. Spotlessly clean rooms and common areas. We stayed midweek and we're glad of this as we were told that Broad Street can get crazy at weekends with buses refusing to service the area

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Matt H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
We are so glad that you had a great mid week trip to Birmingham, thanks for leaving such positive feedback and we hope to see you in the future.
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we were visiting Birmingham for the first time for a concert at the NIA great location for what we wanted as it was walking distance from the hotel. The room was very clean, bed comfy, breakfast was good, great variety. Very disappointed with the RUDE RECEPTIONIST when we booked we explained it was for an anniversary the lady I spoke with over the phone was lovely couldn't have been more helpful she even said we could have a complimentary drink when we arrived. So when we got there we unpacked and had a look around and decided to go for that complimentary drink, I spoke to one of the ladies at reception to explain that this is what I had been told to me over the phone. The lady I spoke to was so rude and I really wish i'd got her name as she made me feel like I was a trampy person making out that we had free drinks when we didn't even though I'd been told that we did. She was Indian looking, 30 + something. I was absolutely disgusted she was really loud in front of people all most like she was trying to embarrass us. She then spoke to a college who was the nice lady I spoke to over the phone who gave us the complimentary drinks. She didn't even apologise she just let the nice lady deal with us and the nice lady explained to us that there are notes on there system made by herself on the booking so it confirmed what she had said over the phone. Apart from the rude receptionist overall was really nice.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for leaving us your feedback, I am glad overall that your stay with us was great and I will look into the incident with our team member to ensure in the future we deliver the highest of standards to all our guests.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Beautiful room,fantastic quality all round,food fabulous,beds ever so comfy. So pleased to have stayed and WILL be back!!! Overall magnificent,nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the bath products were define!!had a little problem with the toilet but this was fixed swiftly and politely... Wonderful!

Room Tip: Try and get end rooms on top floor as for room 1701