“Nice rooms”

Ranked #19 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Nice rooms”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend, rooms are really nice and clean and a great location. I wasn't disappointed with the beds, really comfy. We had breakfast too it wasn't fantastic but wouldn't put me off staying again. I would suggest that there wasn't a code on the stairs from the car park to reception because when there's a que for the lift it can take a while.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
DonnellGrandison, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Good Afternoon Libby P

I would like to thank-you for the 4 stars you have awarded the Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street.
We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to review your stay with us.

From what I can see you enjoyed it and that’s all we ask.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I can't believe the negative comments as I found everything about this hotel friendly clean and comfortable for an overnight stay - beds were huge and free wifi 24 hour bar - what do some people expect for an airport hotel

Stayed June 2014
Hampton_DeputyGM, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Jan C

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found us of good value.
I have noticed you only marked us as 3 stars out of 5. If you could let me know how we could improve to gain the 5 stars, we would be keen to find this out.

We look forward to welcoing you back in the future.

Kindest Regards
chris.trow@hbhbroadstreet.com
Amsterdam
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked this hotel for a a night out and was booked last minute, It is great value and in a prime location being on the main strip so cannot complain! Car park is only £10 for the day but had a bit of a mission finding it is it is not sign posted.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Junaid A
Hi Junaid A

Thank-you for your comments, we are so happy you had a great time at the Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street and hope this will be the first of many visits.

LEEDS, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall a poor stay at such a hotel.Which is part of an international chain.I would have expected better, despite making two complaints about the heat in the bedroom nothing was done apart from being given a fan,which only moved hot air around

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton_DeputyGM, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear John H
I am sorry to read that you were unhappy due to the Air con fault we had. I can assure you if something could have been done the team would have done it. The compressor was down and the new one was in transit from Belgium, this is out of our hands and we could only provide a fan as a substitute for this.
The Air con is something that can be fixed and seeing as nothing else seemed to be an issue I can say that this is not our usual standard.
Now I have been made aware of your dissatisfaction if you would like to contact me on my email address below I would like to talk further about your recent stay.
Kindest Regards
Chris.trow@hbhbroadstreet.com
London
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Staff efficient and friendly. Rooms were clean and modern. Amenities were basic but adequate. Bed and pillows comfortable, bathroom amenities good, and tea + coffee facilities a nice touch. The window was small but I had enough light coming into my room. AC worked well. Stayed on a weekend and I could actually hear the noise from the streets from the 14th floor! It wasn't all that loud and I slept through it as I was really tired but if you're a terribly light sleeper, request the highest (17th) floor.

Breakfast was OK. Tea and coffee machine a bit difficult to use (others said the same). Would have appreciated fresh tomatoes over tinned ones and fried eggs over scrambled, but for the price of the room, I cannot complain. What was there was nice enough and I enjoyed every bite. Not many hotels provide free breakfast, so this is a bonus.

Like everybody else has mentioned, the lifts were a bit of a nightmare. Waiting for the lifts took a while and a queue will form at reception area and the floor you're on at busy times (e.g. Breakfast, evening, and check-out). Going down from the high floors means you'll stop at another 6 or so floors below you before you actually get to reception. Plan ahead and don't leave last minute if you're on a time constraint.

Would stay again as the rooms were comfortable, breakfast adequate and location great on Broad Street. Lots of pubs, clubs, restaurants, supermarkets nearby and just £5 taxi to get to the stations/bullring shopping if you have luggage or don't want to walk. Tip: if you're catching a train hours after check out and want to go to central while you wait, leave your bags in the lockers at the Bullring centre as it's near the train stations.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Elena G

Let me start by saying Thank-you for taking the time to write this review, you make a number of really valid points.
Most important, we are pleased to hear that we ticked all the right boxes for you at Hampton By Hilton.

We really do enjoy having you stay with us and hope to have you back very soon .
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We last stayed at the hotel a few months back for valentines day and we were so pleased with the value for money and room was lovely plus breakfast was great so we thought we'd come back to celebrate our engagement on arriving the room was considerably smaller and not as nice which we were upset about plus the room wasn't practically clean , one of the dispensers in the shower had leaked conditioner leaving the shower slippy witch is not ideal considering being 5 months pregnant , the room was roasting and the air con was poor and doing nothing so we had no choice but to keep leaving the hotel for a bit of fresh air , after having such high expectations we were deeply disappointed with our stay especially as it was our engagement getaway , don't think we would choose to return again after this stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hampton_DeputyGM, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear ImJadee
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel from February. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment during your stay but can confidently say that the issues you have raised with the room are something that has been reviewed and rectified where possible.
I do hope you will return again in the future and the stay a quarter of a year ago will no longer put you off.
Congratulations on your engagement and we look forward to welcoming you and your new arrival to the family back to Hampton by Hilton Broadstreet.
Regards
Chris.trow@HBHbroadstreet.com
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms were of a really good standard with everything you'd need. I really like the additional laptop trays, ironing boards, irons etc... Sadly the hotel had issues with the air conditioning this week but they deal with up my concerns calmly and professionally. I would re book if visiting the ICC again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Rthomas38,

We Thank-you for your 4 stars, we are over the moon about your comments, and of course nothing is too much for our guests at the Hampton.

As you mention we were experiencing some issues …However all have now been rectified and resolved.

Therefore we look forward to welcoming your back in the near future