“Great hotel for the price.”

Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street
Ranked #19 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Worcester
“Great hotel for the price.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked in here for a night out in Birmingham with friends. Theres a carpark at the back of the hotel which costs £10 for 24 hours, just give the ticket to reception on check in.
The hotel is very clean, rooms are spot on, bathroom is very clean and all soap shower gel ect is provided.
The hotel is in the middle of Broad St so its just a walk away from lots of chic bars and restaurants.
Breakfast was very good, we were a bit late as it shuts at 11am, they did run out of sausages but theres lots to choose from so I didnt mind.
Would certainly stay here again for a night out on the town. Not the most romatic of hotels as theres lots of stag and hen partys about.
Lifts are a bit of a nightmare so be prepared to go up and down about 17 floors a few times!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Car park is at the back of hotel, just hand ticket in on check in.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
DonnellGrandison, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear VCRWorcester

I am so pleased to read that you found us to be great value for money , we do try.

As you mentioned we do have a car park on site and I am pleased that you made the most of this and it was convenient for you.

We hope you return to the hotel soon

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had a two night stay for work. I was very impressed for the cost although the room was very warm, they did place some fans in there during the day which helped to keep it to a more comfortable temperature though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi tompcp

A short but sweet review so thank-you for taking the time to acknowledge our hotel and review us.

Its great to know we met all your needs and will make the team aware of your comments.

BREWOOD, STAFFS
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is located on Broad Street a few metres down from the Grosvenor casino. The rooms have been beautifully decorated with a fresh looking feel to them. The bathroom has a walk in shower and is equipped with adequate toiletries. The rooms are not massive but they are comfortable and have amazing views across the city. Breakfast was included and no complaints there in fact no complaints anywhere. Parking is underneath the hotel and costs £10 for 24 hours.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ChirpyBoy

Well what can I say, ' Superb value' more like superb review!! Thank-you.

It makes us really pleased to read reviews such as this and makes all the hard work worth it.

I hope you will be planning your return trip very soon.

New Forest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here last weekend, we had booked it quite late on a special deal. Given what we were paying our expectations were not too high, but the service , although basic, was polite and effective. We asked for a high, quiet room as Broad Street is very busy over the weekends. We were given a rear corner room on the 15th floor. In general it was comfortable, clean and very quiet. The breakfasts were chaotic as the hotel was full both nights. We managed to get a table without waiting, the self service buffet was constantly being replenished and the tables cleared quickly. The breakfast is very "English" with no cold meats and cheeses etc. and no fried or boiled eggs offered. My only niggle was the tea/coffee supplies in the room. When we arrived the room was set up for single occupancy - one cup and few coffee teas etc. The Reception arranged for a delivery of more items. However the next day they took some suppies AWAY leaving less than when we arrived. Again a call to reception sorted that out.

Room Tip: There are relativley few car parking spaces so get there early. Also the car park is at the back of...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DBDDorset

I would like to thank-you for your feedback in regards to your stay at the Hampton By Hilton Birmingham Broad Street.

I shall certainly pass on all your comments to the housekeeping team, we shall be taking your comments on board and using them constructively .

With that being said, I can see overall you had a great stay and we look forward to your return in the near future.
wolverhampton england
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed one night on Sunday 6th July, was allowed a early check, reception staff efficient and friendly. Room was more than adequate, room was clean and well equipped, roomy shower with decent toiletries.
Compared to other nearby hotels was considerably cheaper.
Would stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi chubbers

Its great to read your comments and that we ticked every box for you at the Hampton By Hilton Birmingham Broad Street.

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review

We hope you stay with us again

Middlesex
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I first stayed at this Hotel a couple of months ago with my boyfriend and must say that I was pleasantly surprised when I got inside. Its deceiving from the outside, but by the time you get to the Reception area - you are greeted by warmth and friendliness, which always sets the precedence for your stay. My second stay was a few weeks ago with my Son, as this Hotel is in a superb location for The Sea Life Centre and many other attractions for Families. There was a very minor mix up with the room, but this was resolved speedily and we even got offered complimentary dinner for the inconvenience - which was a lovely gesture. You get breakfast included with your stay, which although is a buffet style - the quality is second to none, as this is freshly made and not sitting out for ages. If you want to stay healthy, there are various other options available - if the full English is not what your after. Would definitely recommend this Hotel to all my Friends and Family - great staff, great ambiance & great food, so what more could you ask for.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Lifts are usually a little quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi MsSKF

Another return guest, We like this at the Hampton.

It makes me feel so proud to read of your comments and that any mix up was resolved quickly and adequately for you.
Although here for a different purpose this time, its great to read that we still not only met your needs but also exceeded them.

We really cannot wait to make it a third time fantastic visit.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I booked to stay here for 2 nights and paid just over £90 which I think was an extremely good price. Although it's on a very busy and noisy road, I couldn't hear a thing from my room. First impressions of the triple room that I booked were great. The room was big, it was very clean and well furnished. The sofa bed was definitely the best sofa bed that I've seen out of all hotels I've stayed in, it looked like the double bed in the room and was also very comfortable. The bathroom was amazing, the walk in shower was very spacious and very clean and I loved the toiletries which were offered. The buffet breakfast was good and provided all that you would want. The staff were friendly and helpful; our bathroom lock didn't work and when we called reception they sent maintenance to fix it in less than 5 minutes. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay in Birmingham. The only issue I do have is that our room wasn't serviced which was slightly disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hi ggw_11

Thank-you for the 5 stars you have awarded us at the Hampton.

I am pleased to read how impressed you and your party were with the hotel, we do our best to exceed expectations and from your review I can tell we did this.

In regards to your feedback.. I will certainly speak to housekeeping about this.

I look forward to your return to the hotel.