“Ideal For ICC”

Ranked #18 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Ideal For ICC”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on 10 July while I was attending a conference at the ICC. The hotel is a five minute walk from the ICC so is very convenient but the rate was very reasonable. The reception is on the third floor, which is a little odd and leaves the ground floor entrance feeling a little unwelcoming, but once you're in the hotel it is a very nice place to be. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom spotless. I particularly want to mention the restaurant staff who were on duty the morning of 11th July because they were extremely welcoming, helpful and efficient in clearing tables.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DonnellGrandison, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Patricia H

What a great review, I am pleased to hear we met all your needs, especially being so close to the ICC.

I shall without a doubt pass this on to the restaurant staff on duty that particular day, I’m certain they will be over the moon.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockport
Reviewed 12 July 2014

First impressions are uninspiring and impersonal, the entrance seriously lacks kerb appeal and there are kebab shops and a lap dancing club nearby. One of the kebab shops just had a fire and the hotel was evacuated at 6am. The lobby is unmanned and very low key, you have to go to the 3rd floor for reception. It doesn't have all of the facilities you might expect from a hotel and has a distinctly low-end feel.The rooms are the highlight, very clean and modern with nice decor and fairly well equipped with tea/coffee facilities and ironing boards. The compact bathroom had a good walk-in shower and large soap dispensers, I would like to see a safe in the room though. The mobile phone signal was poor throughout the hotel but the free wifi was good. I regularly found myself waiting up to 5 minutes for a lift as only 2 were in operation for nearly 300 rooms and it became very frustrating at peak times. Breakfast is included for all guests, choices are very limited and quality only just acceptable but the staff are very pleasant and friendly. I stayed quite a few nights and although some rooms are quiet, one had a fire door in the corridor that closed with a loud thud, shaking my whole room and disturbing me every time anyone walked past. As a result I was woken up both late at night and early in the morning, if I was paying for the room myself I would have exercised their money back guarantee. The hotel is also very warm and I found myself having to play around with the air con on a regular basis. To sum it up, it's generally fine for a business trip, representing good value for money, only because it's cheap, although the overall experience was somewhat below the standard I'm accustomed to and I wouldn't stay again by choice.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor if possible, you can use the stairs instead of waiting so long for a lift!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TruerReviewer
Hampton_DeputyGM, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear TruerReviewer
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay.
I am sorry to read that out of choice you would not stay with us again. The Hampton Brand does not offer the full range you would get from a full service hotel, but this is what the Hampton is.
Again I am sorry this is not what you are accustomed too.
Kindest Regards
Chris Trow
Deputy General Manager
Chris.trow@hbhbroadstreet.com
glasgow
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight at this hotel, everything was immaculate. During the night however, adjoining takeaway went on fire setting all fire alarms off in the hotel. Out in my pyjamas for 6am, embarrassing. However, the hotel staff handled the full situation calmly and if anything should be applauded for their control. We were all taken from the street and situated in neighbouring hotel with coffee and breakfast rolls until the hotel was safe enough to re enter.
Breakfast was quickly organised for those who wanted it, late check outs for guests who required it.

The fact I still enjoyed my stay regardless of wondering about Birmingham in my pyjamas, definitely says something. Been offered discount off future stays for my inconvenience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vindalloo_lou
Dear vindalloo_lou

I would personally like to say Thank-you for being so understanding about the evacuation that took place when you stayed with us. It fills me with pride to hear how well the situation was managed as the safety of our guests is paramount.

I shall pass on your regards to the staff on duty and look forward to your return.

Tewkesbury UK
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just stayed at the Hampton by Hilton
Really good value hotel quite hard to find fault
Located bang on Broad street, good for nightlife, and a short walk for shopping.
Breakfast included.
Parking on site for £10.00 for 24 hours
Very clean
Rooms nice and quite, with air conditioning
Free Wi - Fi worked very well
Will be staying again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhino
DonnellGrandison, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hi Rhino

"Will be staying again" is exactly what we love to hear at the Hampton By Hilton Broad Street and we hope to hear this every time you stay.

Thankyou for taking the time out to write this, seems you had fun when you stayed with us and you hit every positive point about the hotel on the head, it makes all are hard work pay off reading how we enhanced your experience.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

me and my husband stayed here for the night. we checked in with no problem the room was nicely decorated and the bed was comfy. the hotel is in a great location for the nightlife. and shopping we will definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
Dear nmoore040884

What a great review, let me start by saying thank-you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
I would also like to thank-you for the 5 stars you have awarded the Hampton By Hilton we take our service very seriously and its great to know it shows.

We hope to have you back in the near future

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Only stay here on business, and when I stay I don't use any hotel services as the local area is so well served for restaurants etc. (which is the only reason I don't feel qualified to give a 5 star review). Excellent recently refurbished rooms with stunning view. My favourite place to stay in Birmingham!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HI Mark J

Thank-you for taking the time to write this review of the Hampton By Hilton.
We are over the moon to read your comments and agree with you we have a great location for bars and restaurants.

We hope you will be staying with us on business again soon , if you do send me an email and we can look into corporate rates with the hotel. donnell.grandison@hbhbroadstreet.com

Thanks again
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here with a couple of friends and it was amazing. The view at night is spectacular. Had everything we asked for, rooms were clean and very good quality. The TV could have been a bit clearer as ours was fuzzy and not Freeview as stated on the TV. Breakfast was pleasant and really nice. Such an enjoyable stay. Would definitely stay again. Parking prices a bit high though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Danielle M,

I am so pleased to read your comments and to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Thankyou for awarding us 5 stars I shall make sure that the team are fully aware of your lovely comments.

We hope you return to us in the near future