“Third Stay Will Return”

Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Third Stay Will Return”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We went to the NEC Craft Fair for 3 days arrived Friday morning at about 0730 had a nice Breakfast then strolled over to the NEC went to back to the hotel at about 1630 to book in which is hassle free, the room as usual was excelent except the mattress was too soft (not a moan) but we like a firm one.The evening meal we had a bar meal was very good People moan about the prices of the food and drink but hey if you dont like go somewhere else, i never look at the prices......( if you have to look at the price you cannot really afford to stay there) over all a very good stay will be back next November.......

Room Tip: Book it.......Near to the NEC complex........ once you get to the station 11 mins to Brum
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
KateHughes, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience here at the NEC.

There were many guests staying with us last weekend for many NEC or LG arena shows and its always great to hear when we receive good feedback, so thank you!

I will look forward to welcoming you back in November 2012.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Indonesian first
london
Reviewed 6 November 2011

visited as next to lg arena, good car parking facilities, nice easy check in / out by efficient friendly staff, very nice spacious room, excellent breakfast, with friendly staff.
would certainly recomend for anyone lg areana or nec.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank racingstable1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us last weekend!

It was a busy weekend for us with the UFC taking place at the LG arena but even better to hear that even though we were busy you still got the Crowne Plaza experience.

I will make sure i pass on all your comments to the team for a job well done!

Thanks again.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2011

All was going so well at this hotel for my stay on 5/11/11. When I first checked in, I was delighted - the room was a tad small & on the pricey side @£101.00 a night - but this was a well deserved treat after seeing the UFC event at the nearby LG Arena.... It was tidy, modern, stylish, & seemingly tidy & clean.
After the event, I returned to my room - I pulled back the duvet & was disgusted at what I saw. A horrible yellow/brown stain on the duvet, & several black pubic hairs scattered around the sheet on the bed. It was now 11 o'clock at night & the hotel was full, with little OR no chance of a room change.
I went to the front desk, & asked to speak to the duty manager. I tried to explain the problem, but the gentleman concerned was of foreign origin, couldn't understand me when I explained what type of hair I had found in the bed. After several attempts of saying 'pubic hair...' & him going "I'm sorry, what type of hair?". It got awkward & embarrassing both for myself, & the people stood around the front desk. I tried whispering, & I stated firmly & loudly.... It was cringe worthy embarrassing for me. In the end I grabbed his note pad & wrote it down. Terrible. He offered me a free drink or some food by way of compensation. I accepted some food & decided to leave it at that. I was too tired after a long day to kick up a needless fuss... For little or no point. The duty manager assured me house-keeping would be there immediately to sort out the problem. After a 20 minute wait he appeared himself with clean sheets & a duvet cover & seemingly just wanted to pass them me. He looked a tad surprised when I said that "I'm not making it!!" I stepped aside & left him too it - it must have taken the poor guy a good 10+ minutes to put the clean bedding on. I jokingly saiid to him that his wife must make the beds at home.... A joke seemingly lost on him.
Not a bad stay all in all - I would stay here again if at the arena - it's so convenient. I'd just check the bed more closely on check-in & not at gone 11.00pm at night

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting onto Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed to hear that on further inspection of your bedroom late at night to find unacceptable and poor standards, please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I am aware of your complaint as this was passed to me by the night duty manager and trust in when i say this has been escalated and is currently being investigated as to why this was missed on inspection of the room.
Thank you for making our duty manager aware of this to rectify any future problems.

I do hope you will consider us as your first hotel pick when staying in the area again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me when you are due to stay in the future.

Torquay
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here with a friend as we were visiting the LG for a concert. Hotel was so close to the LG its only a few minutes walk but its a nice walk alongside the lake...Ideal! definately cannot fault it on location so easy to find aswell straight off the M5.
Plenty of car parking spaces when we arrived at 2pm, check in was really quick and the staff were really nice.
Room was fine a little bit battered as in the furniture has a few knocks and scrapes but clean enough and the bed was soo comfy i wanted to take it home so got a really great sleep after a long day!!
i thought the food ect was a bit pricy at the hotel but it is in any hotel so didnt bother me too much.
All in all had a great stay and would definately come back i paid £35pppn would probably pay £50pppn at the very most though.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
KateHughes, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Its always good news to hear when a guest has enjoyed their experience as it means we are keeping our standards a high priority and striving to create great hotels guests love.

I have taken your comments on board in regards to the furniture seeming a bit worn, hopefully its something our maintenance team can rectify.
Our beds are extremely comfy- like you i wish i could take one home too!

Il look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon.
Take care

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 October 2011

It's the best hotel near the NEC. Not near downtown Birmingham, that's a trip, but if you're going to be doing a show at the convention center, this is where to be.

While our trip wasn't without hiccups, the front desk & hotel management defined hospitality in endeavoring to make things go right. The problem was that there was an unseasonal heat wave & the a/c didn't work in the rooms, windows barely opened & we suffered. The staff did their level best, but Birmingham just isn't accustom to 80º+ days.

The Restaurant & bar were quite the opposite. Don't eat there. Expensive & lousy service, food was only so-so. Actually food was MUCH better at the Holiday Inn down the road. (but i wouldn't stay at that HI).

Room Tip: We liked the Suite, it was roomy. We had reserved the two double bed room, but it was far too cramp...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback through Trip Advisor.

I enjoyed reading your comments, thank you for understanding about our air conditioning, it did not cope very well that weekend- especially with the likelihood of Birmingham reaching 80 degrees like you said.
It is disappointing to hear that you didnt enjoy your food and beverage experience I will make sure I pass this on to our food and beverage manager, I would like to hear more detail about your complaint to make sure we can rectify it for the future. I would appreciate you contacting the hotel to discuss if you wouldnt mind.

Thank you again for your positive comments about your suite.

Hampshire
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Stayed overnight to attend concert at LG Arena, hotel is within 5 minutes walking distance. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful throughout. The room was adequate, a few cobwebs around the curtains and litter behind the bed but the bathroom was clean as were the beds, which were also very comfortable. The sound proofing in the rooms was very good, could not hear planes despite the close proximity of the airport and also no noise from other rooms. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that overlooks the lake.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with special attention to our customer service and convenience of our hotel.
It is greatly ideal for the LG arena and the NEC, but not only do we want our guests to come and stay with us for convenience and location but also as you mentioned our friendly team and service which we have delivered.

Thank you again.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Fab hotel but slow service. On check out i found that drinks i'd not had had been added to my room. Guilty until proved innocent by the receptionist, who produced two seperate receipts for my room with two different signatures and asked if they were mine ..... Neither were my name never mind signatures

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank julie m
KateHughes, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for passing on your feedback through our Trip Advisor website.

Its great to hear you found our hotel fab, however I believe you came across a difficulty on check out.
Unfortunately we do have to check any queries with our guests bills with the information and back up we have got- this includes collecting our signed bills from food and beverage to cross check. In no way do we want you to feel guilty, we just need to check so we can investigate into where the mistake happened and how.

Il look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Genting Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#23 of 118 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,302 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!