Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
US$116
Agoda.com
US$131
US$48
Clover Spa & Hotel(Birmingham)
US$154
US$62
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,861 results
All reviewslake viewpillow spraygenting arenaresorts worldshuttle bustrouser pressreception staffcar parkbusiness hotelbuilding workclose to the airportgood nights sleepfollowing morningstayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentnight's sleepfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2012

i had a query the day before we were booked in, phoned the hotel, found the lady who answered the call not very helpful and not very friendly. Hotel is lovely. we used it the night before we flew to canary islands. allocated room 123 which was well equipped, however, not the best view, onto staff carpark....our main problem was a constant brurring noise in the room (sort of noise which gets inside your head), unable to assertain where the noise was coming from, consequently we had very little sleep. lovely breakfast.

Room Tip: avoid room no 123
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thankyou so much for spending the time to write your review -its very valuable feedback and I will ensure issues have been relayed to the relevant departments.

I do apologise for the team member attitude on the switchboard - I will personally see to it that some telephone handling training is conducted as a result.

I will pass the noise onto our maintenance - I am assuming that may be this was the air conditioning - we would have been happy to change your room if you had informed us, but I see that this was late a night and it may have not been appropriate to do so.

I am glad to see you had a lovely breakfast and I do hope the few problems encountered does not deter you from the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 January 2012

We have stayed here lots of times when we go to a concert. See my previous review.

We booked a superior room - and got a standard room even though I am a priority club member and supposed to get an upgrade !
The fridge didnt work - the air conditioning didnt work - the wardrobe door didnt close so you saw the light on all night from inside the wardrobe. All very niggly points.
We were only there for one night and didnt realise all these problems unitl we got back to the room at 11.30 - so too late to get someone to sort them. Also the room was not as clean as it should be - and used to be.
This is not the cheapest hotel near to the nec and as regular customers we were bitterly dissapointed.
On checkout we explained all these items to the reception - who said she would get them sorted - but was not really very bothered.
The hotel was full the nite we stayed - but is that an excuse ?
I think it is hit and miss here with the rooms so if you are staying for any length of time - check your room when you arrive !

1  Thank westie6692

Dear Guest

Firstly let me apologise for your experience at the hotel - I will ensure all departments are passed this information and all issues are followed up.

I am too concerned, as a priority member and regular customer you were not recognised at the hotel. Please contact me personally when you stay again and I will ensure my upmost to ensure that your next stay goes smoothly.

Please accept my sincere apologies again

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night before flying to Tenerife - on arrival at the hotel we found that they had actually upgraded our accommodation for no additional cost. Our room, on the 2nd floor, was excellent, loads of room, plenty of freebies and a brilliant night's sleep.

The staff at the hotel were really helpful and the food in the bar area, really good.

Being so close to both the LG Arena and Birmingham airport means we will certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the lake are definitely quiet, roomy and have an excellent view.

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a positive review and spending the time to reply on trip advisor.

Its lovely to her you had a perfect overnight stay.

The hotel is such great airport location and very convienient - please use again when departing from Birmingham in Future, and please inform your friends and family.

Many Thanks

Clar

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed at the Crown Plaza on New Years eve (2011). The room was amazing with a choice of pillows and duvets for our large and very comfortable bed.
There were all the free extras you would hope for including a shoe shine kit and complimentary still and fizzy water plus a chocolate each with lots of good tea and coffee. The room had a fridge and on our floor there was an ice dispenser which helped fill the complimentary ice bucket and glasses provided in our room.
The room had individually controlled heating, so we did not bake as we often do in some hotels.
Breakfast was leisurely (for us) with continental and English options. Tea and coffee was served in large tea and coffee pots whenever we asked.
All in all this felt like a 5 star hotel. We accidently messed up the code for the safe when leaving and the hotel sent a smiling member of staff in 2 minutes. In fact the staff were all very helpfull and polite. We will stay at this excellent hotel again!

Room Tip: When we booked in the staff asked which floor we preferred. But when speaking to others, everyone was happy.
1  Thank Jackyc1000

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your recent review and we are delighted that you described your stay as a 5* experience and a night of luxury.

I will pass your fantastic comments on to the relevant departments.

Our staff do there best to Aim Higher and meet all guests needs and expectations.

Look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel as my wife and I were attending a concert at the LG Areana. The hotel is in a fantastic location for this venue as you can walk across the car park to the main entrance.
The hotel is bright and modern throughout and the reception staff very friedly and helpful. The room was very clean and decorated to a high standard with good facilities, ironing board, mini bar etc... Room service in the evening was dissappointing as we ordered food at 11.30pm from the 24hr menu and didnt get what we had ordered, on a positive once I contacted the reception to advise they took the item off our bill.
overall a great hotel and will stay againg if visiting the LG arena.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thankyou very much for describing us as a great hotel and that you will use us again - we will look forward to it.

I do apologise about the room service at night - I am glad this was rectified for you but I assure you I will pass this information onto the food and beverage department and the nights team. I will ensure they are retrained on the 24hr menu.

Many Thanks