“Good hotel for business”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Good hotel for business”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed here again this year for the third time for the same business event - every time, the hotel has been ideal for purpose, with nice rooms, good food, pleasant staff - no complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Elainegibby

Thankyou very much for you review - I am so glad that you enjoy you experience whilst visiting our hotel and that you enjoy all aspects and find the service to your liking. It really nice to hear that we are doing such a good job.

I am delighted to see that you have returned with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back.

Clare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Indonesian first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here with a good deal from laterooms which included parking (for up to 15 nights but we just needed 2). Check in was quick and very friendly and the free shuttle bus (to the airport a couple of miles away) was arranged for the next morning. When we returned we called the hotel and the bus came to meet us. All very easy and stress free.

The room was quiet, clean, well appointed and comfortable. No complaints.

Special thanks to Begona on reception who was particulary friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: some rooms overlook the lake which is a bit more picturesque than the car park!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear jane r

Many Thanks for your excellent review on our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the airport shuttle bus service smooth and stress free we do our best to ensure that we meet all of our customers need.

I will personally pass your compliments to Bego who will be delighted with this feedback. Hope to see you at the hotel again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

didn't actually stay the night here but attended a conference which I have done for the last 12 years....still disappointingly they do not do free wi-fi not good I think for a conference, I could get wi-fi anywhere I stayed in the USA BUT in England's 2nd city???

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your feedback - it is great to here feedback from our conference guest as well as our overnight residents.

I do apologise that you found our wi fi charges to be expensive - we find our prices very competitive to most four star hotels and brands. I am going to ensure that senior management receive this feedback though so they can see you thoughts on this.

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was my fourth or fifth visit to this hotel and it has never disappointed. The rooms are lovely, the restaurant is brilliant with a big focus on British produce, breakfast was superb but the thing that really makes this place special is the staff.
We arrived to find a long queue to check in - three receptionists working quickly and efficiently but a large group had obviously arrived together - so we decided to use my Priority Club platinum status at the dedicated check-in area, something I rarely do. Within moments one of the managers arrived, checked us in speedily, made a dinner booking and generally made us feel extremely welcome. The same manager saw us a couple of times during our stay and always enquired if everything was ok and genuinely seemed to care, as did virtually everyone we came into contact with.
Quality of food and service at dinner couldn't be faulted. Breakfast is superb with a wide choice, apart from my usual IHG niggle about having to make your own toast! At £15.95 per person, why can't someone else make the toast?
Only one other minor quibble - at checkout the receptionist clearly had no knowledge of the food discount voucher I presented which had been sent in the post from IHG, so she muttered to herself for some time while trying to work out how to deal with it, then got a bit stroppy when I pointed out that 20% off a spend of £120 was a bit more than £8.30! Some training required here (even if it's to ask someone else to help), but the lengthy checkout process couldn't spoil what was overall a superb stay.

Room Tip: Top floor, lake view if you can afford it!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for you review I am delighted that you have had an enjoyable stay experience with us and I will ensure that all departments get to receive this great feedback.

I remember the night in question recently - we did have an extremely large queue nearly out the door as for some reason that evening the majority of the hotel checked in at the same time. I am glad to see that you used you PCR benefit of express check in - you should do it at every IHG hotel you stay in as you have been very loyal and earnt the right to do so.

I am going to feedback to the receptionist who checked you out - I do have some new trainees on the desk who may not have seen the vouchers before - I am glad that this did not affect your stay though.

Will look forward to welcoming you back.

Worksop, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

After my experiences at the nearby Ramada the previous week, a couple of nights in a wheelie bin would have been better. The Crowne Plaza outdid by a country mile anything I had a right to expect - staff were switched on, efficient and responsive, everything was clean and in a good state of repair, the room was well-appointed (it even had a fridge I wasn't expecting). Even the soap was worth nicking! I kept expecting a knock at the door to say "Sorry, we've given you the wrong room" and to be escorted to a cupboard next to the kitchen. The service I got here was easily on a par with what I normally expect from a Marriott. I have a lot of work to do in the area and will definitely be booking in here again.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the lake - not sure if they're more expensive but the lake is surely prett...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MikeMayUK
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your trip advisor review.

I am delighted to see that you have found your recent stay with us very enjoyable and it is so nice to hear your compliments on the bedrooms and how efficient our staff are.

If you are in the area and going to be stay with us lot why not contact the hotel sales team who could look into negotiating you a good rate.

Look forward to welcoming you back

Maceio, AL
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I had an overnight at Crowne Plaza for a concert at LG Arena. The price is way up for a budget traveller ('bout 100 pounds) but the hotel is located right beside LG Arena, just a stroll across the parking lot, so it made the stay there really convenient. No early breakfast, though. We had an early train to catch, and the front desk staff went out of their way to get us a plate of all-british breakfast, with eggs and sausage, Down side: no beverages whatsoever. For those willing to take their chances with a full plate of sausages, eggs and potatoes and zero liquids to wash it down, my advice is: don't. They took us, sore feet and bags to the train station free of charge. The room was very spacious, clean, new, with iron board and pressing iron - even pants presser! - and all-nice with complimentary water and chocolates and aromatherapy to help the bedtime - totally unecessary, since the bed was comfy and I was dead tired.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot, and had a convenient overlook towards LG Arena, so I could follow the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your review I am delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you found the location very convenient. With the LG next door and the NEC a 5 minute walk it is ideal for anyone who is visiting.

I am glad to see my staff going out their way to get you an early breakfast but I agree a drink would have been nice.

Look forward to seeing you again

Hull
Reviewed 21 June 2012

After reading some of the previous reviews I wasnt sure what to expect of the hotel, however, I have to say my overall impression was very good. The service could not be faulted and was very attentive, the kind of service I have received at a 5 start hotel! The room was very comfortable - we had 2 double beds. It was very clean and quiet with a lovely view of the lake. We had a dinner bed and breakfast rate. Only grumble was the uninspiring vegetarian choice on the menu - pasta! I had to ask for cheese on it as it was rather bland. I think if you opt out of the dinner rate then you obviously get a much better selection of food as you are not restriced to the set menu. The breakfast was very good although I prefer toast to be made in the kitchen rather than use those awful toast machines that leave your toast black or like warm bread. Excellent choice of food though, spoilt for choice. Although previous people have mentioned the parking fee, we were attending Gardeners World at NEC and it was as cheap to stay put than pay to park in the NEC and the receptionist also honoured a few extra hours over the 24 hours as we were staying all day which was very much appreciated. Its a very short walk to the LG Arena and Area 1 of the main arena around the lake - only 5 mins so excellent location. I would highly recommend staying here for airport stay or an event at the NEC.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your recent review and I glad to see that a few negative reviews did not stop you from staying with us and that you found the opposite.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and your compliments will be passed on to our team members.

Car parking can be expensive to some guests and they do query it - but we do include a full 24hr like you say and it is a great benefit especially as guest can leave their car without any worries whilst at the LG or NEC and come back when they are ready with out time limits.

Look forward to welcoming you back

Clare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#24 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!