“Amazing.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My husband and I went to the crown plaza for the weekend to see a show on at the LG arena. we were surprised when we arrived how close we were we checked in with ease and our room was very impressive every thing you could need right down to an ice bucket. The staff were all very friendly. We had the best weekend there.

• Stayed: October 2012
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positve comments following your recent stay at the hotel.
As you have mentioned we are in an ideal location for anyone attending events at the LG Arena or the NEC as it is just a short stroll around the lake.
It's great to hear that chek-in was smooth and efficient and that your room was presented to a high standard. I am pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC

Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband booked me tickets for the Horse of The Year show and as an extra surpise booked us into the Crowne Plaza for the night. The hotel its self is very nice, the location for the NEC is excellent just a couple of minutes walk through gardens and you are at the NEC and thats what you are paying for. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast!, we had to queue for 20 minutes to get in. It wasnt anything special just self service buffet style breakfast definately not worth the wait.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.
I'm glad to hear that you found the hotel to be nice and ideally located for your visit to the NEC.
I apologise for the delay you experienced at breakfast and that you found the standard of food to be below that expected of a Crowne Plaza.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

When we arrived our room was not ready but we provided with complimentary drinks while we waited. Our room, which was well appointed, had a great view over the lake towards the exhibition halls. The hotel was pretty standard so far as Crown Plaza's go. The breakfast, the only meal we took in the hotel, was as always in this chain well cooked, reasonable variety, well stocked and well replenished. The staff were pleasant and helpful.
As always my only gripe the extortionate cost of WiFi. Why isn't it included in this day and age?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed a view of the lake during the stay and that, although the room wasn't ready upon your arrival, the reception team were accommodating.
We are currently reviewing our Wifi pricing and so I shall forward your comments on to our Senior Management Team.
I shall pass your 'Compliments to the Chef' regarding the breakfast and I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
I do hope you to choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We booked this hotel to stay the night before our flight from Birmingham airport, this also included the parking for the duration of our holiday.

The check in was quick and the staff were very polite and helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable and the shower was lovely.

The food seemed a little expensive, but that is to be expected from a business hotel. We chose to eat elsewhere due to the price.

We had to be at the airport at 0500 the following morning, so the shuttle bus was not available. The hotel organised a taxi to take us to the airport, this cost £10 (which I though was expensive for the 5 minute journey, but obviously this is nothing to do with the hotel).

When we arrived back to collect our car after our holiday, again the staff were very helpful and chatty. They validated our car parking ticket to allow us to leave the car park without charge.

Overall this was a pleasant hassle free way of parking close to the airport and I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing they could do to improve the service is to offer a 24hr shuttle bus.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.
It's great to hear that the staff you encountered were polite & helpful and that you found our Park, Stay & Fly package suitable for your needs.
We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience so I shall forward your comments regarding the shuttle bus on to our Senior Management team for review.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again before your next holiday.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Great welcome, polite friendly & efficient reception staff. Room was clean, well laid out & perfect for our requirements - we cannot blame the hotel for the fact that our lake view was obscurred by the thick fog that descended!!! We ate in Pendigo's Restaurant & would highly recommend the fillet steak - as dedicated foodies we both agree it was a fine example of good unpretentious cooking - btw an excellent peppercorn sauce! The restaurant staff gave efficient & attentive service. The hotel is well placed for NEC events - just a pleasant lakeside stroll away. Our stay was very comfortable - would recommend. OK so you have to pay for parking but...........

Room Tip: Go for a Queen Bed with lake view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such positive feedback following your recent stay.
It's always great to hear from guests who have enjoyed their guest experience with us and I pleased that you found the Reception and Restaurant staff to b polite, efficient and friendly .
I shall forward you comments on to Chef and his team regarding your dining experience with us. I am glad that your room was well presented and I can only apologise that your view was obscured by thick fog.
I am glad that you found our location to suit your needs and I hope that next time you stay with us, we have clear skies so you can enjoy the view a little more.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

This is a great hotel; very modern, airy and spacious. The bedrooms are ample, very well appointed and fitted out. For the business user the desk space is good and well lit.

The bar area is good for socialising with or without a drink. The hotel's food is good, attractively presented and delivered with good service.

If you're at or near the NEC or need to be within a stone's throw of Birmingham this is a superb hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a glowing report of your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found the bedroom to be well presented, spacious and suitable for your needs. I shall forward your compliments to our Food & Beverage team as i'm sure they will be pleased to know that the food was served to our Crowne Plaza high standards.
As you mentioned we are in an ideal location for anyone attending events at the NEC or LG Arena as well as being a short train journey from Birmingham City Centre.
I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Many thanks

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Only one room available when we arrived, though we had booked two. The reception staff were disorganised and spent over 40 mins going back and forth trying to sort it out without keeping us informed and the duty manager appeared to not care less. We accept that it was during Horse of the Year Show and was probably very busy time, but still poorly managed. No childs bed set up and had to go to reception three times to request extra bedding as staff were changing over and didnt pass on the request. The restaurant was expensive and the food was not of a high standard to warrent that price, though the restaurant staff were particularly friendly.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us.
I can only apologise for the delays you experienced at check-in and that the Reception team appeared disorganised. I am also sorry that the request for the child's bed to be made up was not carried out upon the first request.
It is disheartening to hear that the food was not prepared to our usual high standard, I shall forward your comments on the Chef to follow up on with his team. However, I am pleased that you found the restaurant staff friendly.
We take all feedback from our guests seriously, and I shall be looking into the issues you experienced at the front desk.
I do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Clare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!