“Nice hotel, great location for NEC” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC

Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ranked #37 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, great location for NEC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed one night at the Crowne Plaza making the concert experience at the LG Arena very easy as its only a 5 minute walk. The reception staff were very welcoming and efficient and we were booked in without an issue. The room was fine, modern, well equipped and comfortable. We did experience the restaurant for a snack which was of good quality and nicely presented plus went there for drinks after the concert. Breakfast the next morning was excellent with a varied self service hot & cold menu and very attentive staff. All in all a good stay and so much less hassle than driving back late!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear markyb_10,

thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay.

It is brilliant to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Indonesian first
Aldwick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza several times whilst in the area on business and it delivers a consistently good standard. The reception staff are very friendly and efficient, apologising for the fact that I had to wait to check in on my latest visit due to a number of guests arriving at the same time. Too often this happens at large hotels and the customer's wait is completely ignored.

The rooms are very well furnished and equipped and I have always found the food to be of a good standard. My only negative comment would be the excessive charges the hotel make for use of the wi-fi - so many hotels now offer this for free that they need to reconsider their policy in my opinion. It certainly stops me from giving what is otherwise an excellent hotel a top rating.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard C
Dear Richard C,

thank you very much for your review.

I am pleased to hear that you a regular guest to our hotel and that you are enjoying your time with us.
I am very sorry about the charge for the wifi, I can fully understand your point and I am very sorry that we are not able to provide complimentary wifi for our guests.

I hope to see you again soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Once again we stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, NEC, Birmingham, for one night leaving the car parked in their hotel car park for twentyone nights whilst we flew from Birmingham to Cyprus in January 2014. The booking process was done efficiently and in a very friendly way, the reception staff on arrival were warm and welcoming and eager to please and the room faultless. We decided on a meal in the bar restaurant and it was served speedily and in an attractive style, the food as before was delicious and priced reasonably.

The star of the show though was a lovely young man called Jonathan Jones who greeted us on our return on a wet cold night. He helped my husband load our luggage into the boot of our car even though he was getting rained on himself and he still managed to make us feel we were the most important guests he'd greeted that evening. He had charm and warmth and we hope he goes far, what we liked particularly about Jonathan was that he was genuine and in no way over- bearing or intrusive. He brightened up a nasty old British winter's evening.

Room Tip: Room excellent, large comfy beds, everything you'd need for a night's stay, staff eager to p...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Singaporedreamer
Dear Singaporedreamer,

thank you so much for your time in giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us.
It is great to hear that you fully enjoyed your time with us and that Jonathan provided you with excellent service.
I hope you will be staying with us again soon when you fly out from Birmingham.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I am a regular visitor to Crowne Plaza NEC Birmingham and always find it quite comfortable and relaxing. Staff is top notch and rooms are really nice and comfortable. I love the extras they include with every room : Bath robe, chocolates, free water, Sleep well air freshners and comforters etc. Also comes with Sky Sports. The only blemish is break fast which can be improved.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear NomanSattar,

thank you very much for your feedback.

It is great to hear that you are staying with us on a regular basis and that you are enjoying your time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights whilst working at a trade show at the NEC. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the main halls, along a scenic lake path.
Reception staff were great. It was no problem to print out my boarding pass for my return flight. The table d'hote meal our group had each night was good, with attentive service. Breakfast was excellent.
Bedrooms are clean and spacious, with great bathrooms, comfy sofas, and lovely little touches like complimentary mineral water and little chocolates.
My main gripe was the cost of drinks in the bar - £11.30 for a large gin and tonic. I noticed today whilst doing my shopping that I could buy a 70cl bottle of Gordon's gin for £11.00!!

I also had an issue with lost property. I left behind an item, so I called reception and housekeeping two hours after I'd checked out to advise them its exact description and location. Strangely, this was never recovered :-(

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake have fabulous views
Dear carlislecat,

thank you very much for your time in leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the reception staff were great. It sounds like you had a good time with us.
I am very sorry about the lost property and that it has not been recovered.

I am hoping to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel is nice, stayed 1 night for business meeting, when you book the and pay for the wifi through their conference package, what they don't tell you is that, it's only valid from the start and finishing time of the meeting. What a con!

If you're vegetarian, the option they had was gnocchi in cheese sauce, found the sauce was too strong, had to order chips to compensate. Would be nice if they had a tomato based sauce with spices or some other flavourings.

We had something leaving for the train, asked at reception whats the best way to get there, they said taxi, they didn't even say they have a free shuttle bus to take them to the station.
That was very bad.

Dear din26,

thank you very much for you feedback regarding your stay.

I am sorry that there have been a few issues during your stay and that you could not fully enjoy your time with us. I will be discussing your feedback with my team so that we can get these areas of concern sorted and improved.

I hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Got a decent rate for this hotel on trip advisor and breakfast was included...service was great, breakfast was good, room was nice staff all seemed very nice...only reason I couldn't give it 5 stars was because they charge for the internet...it really should be free in my opinion

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear SeanTravelz,

thank you for your positive review. I hope you had a good time with us and will stay with us again soon.

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ibis Birmingham Airport
Ibis Birmingham Airport
#19 of 117 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,713 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!