“Beyonce”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ranked #52 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here when I went to see Beyonce at the LG arena. perfect location. Breakfast was fab - rooms really good and worth the money. Room service was slight hassle but would recommend to anyone. thankyou

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Coby-Lee4,

thank you for your feedback, I hope you will be back to the hotel soon and I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

David

Write a ReviewReviews (1,815)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Really good quality hotel. Friendly staff. Very comfortable and well appointed rooms. Best of all is the food! Really great evening meal on every occasional we stayed. Good breakfast. Very easy to get to from the motorway. Plenty of parking. Regular free transport to the airport close by. Walking distance to NEC. And it has a spa too! Have arranged an extended stay in the summer to coincide with a concert at the NEC. Always our first choice when using Birmingham Airport. Often full so book early.

Room Tip: Ask booking clerks advice. We usually ask about an upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Maggie C

Dear Maggie C,

thank you for your positive feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you love staying with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed for one night before a flight in February. This was our second time staying here. The staff are helpful and polite, from reception to restaraunt to courtesy bus driver. The bedroom was clean, comfortable with all conveniences. We had a lovely sleep in a very cosy bed. The bathroom is well appointed with a very powerful shower. The only gripe is that, although everything about our stay was perfect, the price is a little bit steep.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PaddyOTravel,

thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed the time in our hotel.

I hope you will be staying with us again when you are flying out from Birmingham.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent hotel. Very welcoming, polite, friendly, helpful staff. Very comfortable room. Wake up call for 6.30am was on time, and offered a further reminder after 10 minutes. Newspaper delivered as requested. I was attending a conference, so lunch was provided, which was very good. Breakfast next day was also excellent. Good car parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear Stephanie E,

I really appreciate your positive feedback and I hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Visited the Crown Plaza in November with a friend as we were attending the Good Food Show.

The staff were pleasant and helpful, the booking in process easy.

The room was spacious and clean with a flat screen tv. Bottled water and teas/coffees were provided also.

The room rate was very reasonable and it's locality to the NEC was excellent.

I've knocked a star off as we had to pay extra for the breakfast which was an eye watering £17 each! I also don't agree with paying £10 to park. Fair enough if we weren't staying at the Plaza and were just using it as a way of parking for the NEC but as paying guests this should have been included.

Still happy with the room and location though, hence the 4 stars

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear LuluGingham,

thank you for your feedback about your stay during the Good Food Show.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good time with us and I hope you will be staying with us again this year.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I won a stay over for me and a friend along with Girls Aloud tickets. Probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. I did not want to leave that bed the next day.
I will come back one day, just wish the stay was longer. We stayed 27.02.2013

We cannot review the spa and pool as we did not use it

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear rainbowgirl84,

thank you very much for you review.

It is brilliant to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay with us and I hope yo welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here for work event, unfortunately building works going on until Spring 2015 & my room was on 2nd floor, right next to the building work. There were workmen throughout the night, with bright floodlights. The cranes were constantly operating and made an annoying alarm sound when they moved. The workmen shout to each other & their machinery is noisy also. I also didnt feel comfortable having the curtain open as on the 2nd floor they are on the same level & can look straight in. I imagine if you are on the other side of the hotel though, this wouldnt be an issue. When I told staff, they said there wasnt anything they could do.
Worth noting that the food in the restaurant/room service isnt great. Their "gourmet" burger is underdone, pink & cold, & side order of onion rings totally forgotten about & arrived (after asking) 15 mins later when meal was pretty much finished. Breakfast is also very limited. If you can, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the other side to the building work....and not on the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GreatXpectation

Dear amyjc17,

thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear that you have been disturbed by the building site next door, however, I am very surprised to hear that there was work throughout the night. We do have a contract with the building site and there is no work being carried out during the night.
I am also sorry that the good was not up to standard.

I do hope you will give us another chance and will stay with us again in the future.

David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#35 of 118 in Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!