“Unhappy”

ibis Styles Birmingham Centre
Ranked #33 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Unhappy”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My hotel confirmation clearly states that my dinner & drinks allowance comes to £21/night. The hotel does not have a restaurant so they have an arrangement with the pub next door (which is quite alright). Disappointingly the hotel were only prepared to transfer £15 of my £21 allowance to the pub & that was just for food. I've got to buy & consume my drinks with the remaining £6 of my allowance back at the hotel - how ridiculous! Hopefully more senior management can come to their senses tomorrow

1 Thank agagagag
, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on tripadvisor
I am sorry that the arrangement we have with the Shakespeare Pub was such a cause of frustration to you,as we discussed I have now changed the process and wish to thank you for bringing this to my attention and making thid easier for all our future guests
Andrea Whigham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Had a really stay here, staff were amazing and very helpful, free breakfast was perfect.
Great location and underground secure parking (extra cost).
Enjoyed it and would 100% stay here again.
Great value when you book 21 days in advance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank top_kella
, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor . I shall pass the details onto our staff who will be delighted to read them.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the hotel
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed here with hubby when going to a concert.. Good location and nice clean hotel. Everything you would expect of an HI Express, basic and value for money. Check in was efficient and quick. Our room was a good size. Have to say for a city centre hotel the parking facilities were first class. £10 for 24 hours and directly beneath the hotel. Drinks were reasonable and breakfast was not bad.

Even though we'd checked out of the hotel we were allowed to leave the car there until the time allowed which was excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katielaa
HotelteamBirmingham, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you for completing a review on tripadvisor, I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have access to a large car park which allows us to be flexible to the needs of our customers.

Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Check in was quick and efficient. Requested a quiet room and hardly heard a sound all night. Staff very friendly and helpful. Yes some of the furnishings are a bit tired but everything very clean. Nice buffet breakfast. All in all a pleasant stay and excellent value for money.

1 Thank LandSP
Thank you for completing a review on tripadvisor , I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome your kind comments.

I hope that we have the opporunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Clean, well located, helping staff. Price reasonable as Internet and breakfast included.
Breakfast buffet is well furnished
Room are clean even if the bathroom could be refurnished in order to look less old fashion .
For business purpose you can find many restaurant around at 5 minutes by walk.
The team is extremely helpful with foreigners.

1 Thank Fdevienn
Thank for taking the time to complete a review on tripadvisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and will ensure your kind comments are passed onto our staff.
I hope we have the opporunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I picked a rotten day to travel to Birmingham, it was snowing heavily and I was delayed on the M1 (as usual!!). However, when I arrived in the hotel reception, I was given a very warm and friendly welcome. I was checked in very swiftly and was soon in my lovely warm room and running a hot bath. Yes, it's a chain of hotels as opposed to a boutique style, but it was clean, efficient, friendly, warm and very reasonably priced. It also had the comfiest hotel bed I'd have in a long time! Well done Holiday Inn... you made me feel at home on a rotten, cold wintry night.

Room Tip: Sat nav co-ordinates will take you straight to it. The car park is underground and to the rear, ther...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TimmyTheTraveller
Thank you for postting your review on Tripadvisor , however, I think it may be for another hotel
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed for two days in Birmingham, but I must say this hotel is the perfect location, and have a super bed but that's all. This Hotel needs a new decore and the staff needs to be more friendly and smiling, only at breakfast I saw a friendly and kind smile from the kitchen staff. These windows in Room were awful and I was very cold.Overall if you are looking for a cheap stay and want something whit great location i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Simona A
HotelteamBirmingham, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor, I am pleased that you liked the location of the hotel but sorry that you did not find our staff as warm and friendly as expected.
We are often recommended because of the guest care our team provide and it is disappointing that this was not the case during your stay, please rest assured your comments will be fedback and if you have any specific concerns I would be delighted to hear more