“This is a seriously good hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ibis Styles Birmingham Centre

ibis Styles Birmingham Centre
Ranked #29 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London
“This is a seriously good hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Well run, comfortable, spotless, friendly, enthusiastic and professional staff. Great bathrooms, air-conditioned bedrooms, reasonable breakfast (beautifully presented). There should be a Lionel Street Hotel in every city!!

Thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Morag M, Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Lionel Street Hotel Birmingham, I was delighted to read that your stay was enjoyable and that you found the hotel team enthusiastic and professional.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Morag

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times when it was a Holiday Inn Express, but this was the first time I had stayed here since they are no longer affiliated with the chain. I found the staff very friendly and as I was not feeling too well I had their sympathy too. We were offered room 501. I had paid for a larger room with sofa but got a large room which I can only assume is an accessible room (I do not have any disability). The room was a lovely size and has had an upgraded new TV. The décor was also changed but I was not sure if it was just because this was an accessible room which I had not stayed in before. I did feel the room needed cleaning (it needed hovering, the bathroom floor wasn't spotless and there was mould on the shower head - see photo below). As I felt so ill I did not want to complain or move rooms at this stage.

The breakfast is the same as it always has been when it was a Holiday Inn Express. I had hoped for an improvement here and would gladly pay for a decent breakfast. The sausages are dreadful but it is now billed as a continental breakfast with some cooked items to avoid criticism. The sausages are still awful!! Such a small change could make such a difference for this hotel.

I like the improvements of the hotel and hope it continues along this path. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 501 is ideal for those with a disability and this room faces the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Morag M, Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following on from your recent stay with us at the Lionel Street Hotel Birmingham.

I am pleased that there were many aspects of your stay that were positive including my hotel team. I will share your feedback with the housekeeping team to ensure the issues you experienced do not happen again.

As part of our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction, over the next few weeks we are undergoing a refurbishment plan.

We are currently working on improving our breakfast offering and I am confident that you will see the results of this in the near future.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

LEICESTER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

usded for one night due to going go the songs of praise bbc gospel compettion lovely clean bedroomin great area 5 mins to town hall 10 mins to bullring excellent breakfast with also small selectio of hot iteams ie beans scrambbeld egg sausage would defintly use again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Morag M, Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Lionel Street Hotel Birmingham, I was pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and you found that our location convenient when visiting the city centre of Birmingham.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We just came to stay for 1 night for a cricket match. Hotel was quite clean and rooms seemed new or they were quite well maintained. Location is great and it's less than 10 minutes walk to the main happening Broadway street. Price was equally great and included breakfast which was decent enough. If you are lucky, you may get off-street parking which you have to pay for, but we got away with couple of quid due to our timing. Else hotel is a car park but you have to pay for it. I would return to the hotel should I happen to be in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peekmeister
Morag M, Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Peekmeister

I am pleased that there were many aspects of your stay that were positive. I am pleased that you found that your room was clean and well presented.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I had the chance to stay in this hotel for attending an event in NEC with my wife to have some relaxation as she is having Chemotherapy treatment for cancer breast, our stay was from the 9th of June to the 14th of June, we first experienced a big problem in checking in because the system was down and we had to wait for an hour ! we started to be nervous and the problem was solved by Macarena (really very professional and kind), then we were very happy with our stay, the room was "309" a very nice location, very clean and tidy, nice furniture but the mattress was not so good (need to be changed), the staff was very friendly and they want to do anything they can to support your stay, the hotel in a very nice location, although it is in the middle of the city you cannot hear any noise coming from the street, breakfast was OK but it should have more varieties, why not adding beef sausages as well, "Mandana and Sara " were very helpful and active, also the room should have a mini bar, I will recommend this hotel for anybody who is looking for relaxation, business or shopping, sure I will be staying in it again if I will have the chance to visit Birmingham again... Thank you All Staff

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Khaled G
Dear Khaled

Thank you for your review of the Lionel Street Hotel Birmingham.

I am pleased that there were many aspects of your stay that were positive including the my hotel team.

As part of our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction we are undergoing a refurbishment plan at the moment.

I hope to see you again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel last weekend as I was in Birmingham for a workshop. This is my first trip to Birmingham and fortunately for me, the hotel is centrally situated and about 5 min walk from the New Street Station. It makes my travel so easy and convenient.

The staff are helpful and the room is clean. For the price I paid, I considered it extremely good value. Overall it is great for me. Will be staying here again in September for another workshop

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear David A

I am pleased that there were many aspects of your stay that were positive including the helpful hotel team.

I hope to see you again in September.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Welcoming staff in a very clean hotel, even with some refurbishment going on. Not far to get into the city centre and New St station and minutes from Broad Street. Rooms as you would expect clean, comfortable and very practical. Breakfast choice isn't big but has plenty to get you started for the day and the free I newspaper is a welcome bonus. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the local area and getting around. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Try for the top floor cuts out city traffic noise, but to be fair the hotel is on a side street
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business