“What a lovely stay!”

ibis Styles Birmingham Centre
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Myself fiancé our one year old son and our 7 year old cousin stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel is lovely, the rooms we're clean fresh and stylish. Staff we're friendly and helpfull with directions. It is really close to the city centre so a good bus and train link near by so you can go we're you like. Bed was comfy. Also hot drinks are available for free all day and night wich is very nice,breakfast was ok just simple. I would definetly stay again and recommend the hotel to others so glad I chose this over others.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Steph1812
CBarratt, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us.

As you have pointed out, the hotel is in a great location when staying in Birmingham in order to get to all of the tourist attractions in the City.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Carla Barratt

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here to go to the NEC and then Broad Street after. Booked a room for 3 adults, a big bed and then a rubbish sofa bed which is what we expected. Less than a 10 min walk to New Street train station and about 5 min walk (in heels) for Broad Street. After 11pm there is a man with a clipboard waiting to check people back in, so you can't add extra people into your room if you haven't paid! Would stay here again but would probably try a travelodge or premier inn first as i think they are a bit cheaper and you get the same thing really. Also breakfast was included however it was really basic continental and they ran out of everything, food, cutlery and mugs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HannahC24
CBarratt, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to be in a good location for your needs. As you pointed out we are within walking distance of the great bars and restaurants on Broad Street, but as I hope you appreciated, still remain in a peaceful part of Birmingham.

We offer discounts and offers should you book in advance, so remember to always check the hotel website for the best rates.

Thank you for your feedback about breakfast - your comments have been taken on board.

We hope you come and stay again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a regular stay for our family. We travel to Birmingham frequently to visit family and have stayed here for the last 5 visits.

Check in and out always runs smoothly and quickly.

The reception staff are polite, friendly and helpful. Never rude and always hospitable.

Cleaniness is first class and the decoration is bright and modern looking. Carpets are spotless.

The double bed is very comfortable and cosy. The sofabed is also spacious and comfortable.

Location is apsolutely brilliant as walking distance to centre and New Street Station. Not much disturbance encountered.

Breakfast is continental and is included in price free of charge. Variety is good but breakfast could be improved with for example scrambled eggs or beans. Overall enjoyable breakfast. Drinks from machine are free all day long and this is a very good treat which I have not encountered in other hotels. The children love it especially when they are thirsty. Please keep this up as it really does seperate you from other hotels.

Hotel carpark is secure and always space to park. It costs £12 per day which appears dear but this is a central location and most other hotels charge the same.

This is a budget hotel and price is very reasonable for standards and service. Even free newspapers.

We will be returning again in near future as we never ecounter any problems with this hotel and we enjoy ourselves. Thats why we have become regulars.

Thank you to all staff who treated us well on our last visit Easter bank holiday Fri /Sat. See you again soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hotelcritic045
CBarratt, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre. I am delighted that you have become a regular guest at the hotel, we love having you as our guests! Your review is excellent and we are so pleased that you enjoy the hotel facilities time and time again.

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Come back and stay soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at the Ibis on Sunday night and to be honest its probably the nicest Ibis that I have stayed in. The hotel is quite easy to locate and shops , pubs and restaurants are plentiful in walking distance. The rooms are clean and spacious and Wi-Fi is available in the rooms . Toilet and shower are a decent size and coffee making facility is well stocked. Like other travellers say the only thing that lets it down is the breakfast, I personally would pay extra for a cooked breakfast and would book here again should the need to arise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be in a great location. We really agree as everything is in walking distance.

I appreciate your feedback on breakfast. We currently as brand standard offer a complimentary continental breakfast, however the option to purchase a bacon bap at £2.95 is available.

We hope that you come back and stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Like all Ibis styles, is clean and spacious and well equipped for the level of hotel that it is. I didn't find the bed comfortable though so did not sleep well. The breakfast is simple toasts, cereals or meat/cheese, but is fine. My biggest annoyance is that they pre-authorise a credit card on arrival, which many budget hotels do, but on check out, wouldn't remove the pre-authorisation, insisting it would be done in the next few days. I couldn't even get a receipt confirming that I had checked out with a zero balance and no additional charges. This puts me at risk of a charge appearing against my pre-authorised card in the next few days - something that has happened to me at another hotel. But despite my requests and downright begging on check out, still they would not remove the pre-authorisation saying it was Ibis policy to do a batch every few days. I don't object to pre-authorisation but do object to it not being cancelled on check out. For this reason, I will not be staying at an Ibis again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank db22london
CBarratt, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, I am pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, spacious and well equipped.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced difficulties when checking out, I hope I can clarify the process for you. On arrival we take a pre authorisation for your room rate plus an extra £25 to cover the potential cost of for example car parking, drinks at the bar or food etc. If the room has already been paid for, then just the £25 pre authorisation is taken. This process is the same in many hotel brands in the UK from limited service hotels to 5 star hotels. At this point no money is taken from your card. On departure we then either complete the transaction for the total final amount or if no charges have been made to your room we then fax off a report to the bank to advise them to cancel the pre authorisation. In any event, the hotel cannot cancel a pre authorisation it naturally gets released. The amount of time this takes to release is down to the guests indiudual bank. However throughout this period no money has been taken from your account unless a completion is made to the authorisation request.

A final receipt can be provided which will be your final VAT invoice. I can assure you that no other charges would be made to your account without your authorisation. If you would like me to send you a final receipt please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope this clarifies things for you and I hope that you will return to the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Arrived at Moor Street station and took the 10-15min walk to the hotel where I was warmly greeted and clearly told everything that I needed to know about the hotel and the area. The hotel is perfect for being close to the Birmingham Museum and the new library.
Breakfast is very basic, but the wifi worked very well and the whole hotel was clean with a good sized room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
CBarratt, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre. Its great to read that you had a Perfect One Night Stay with us.

As you noted we are in a great location for the many attractions Birmingham has to offer. I am glad that you made use of the inclusive items in your rate such as Breakfast and WiFi.

I hope that should your travels bring you back to Birmingham, that you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel it for that price genious, the staff ist super gentle and helpful, the place is int he middle of Birmingham, with the ebst fott connection to the city New Street, Paradise Forum, ICC, REP, Victoria Square, Museum & Art galelry, Airport wirrhe Air Link train, just the breakfast ist no "englisch breakfast", for the lovers of english breakfast ist that a liltle bit hard :-)

Room Tip: egal wo, alles ok
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CBarratt, General Manager at ibis Styles Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre. I am pleased to read that you foind the hotel to be in a good location and found the staff to be friendly.

I am sorry that you were disappointed we do not serve a full English Breakfast at the hotel. As part of our All Inclusive offering, we serve a continental breakfast. We are currently trialling a pancake machine which I hope you had chance to try. If you do fancy something warmer we do offer the opportunity to purchase a Bacon Bap for just £2.95. A great start to the day!

We hope that should your travels bring you back to Birmingham, that you will choose to return to the ibis Styles Birmingham Centre.

Kindest Regards