1,799 results
All reviewseye hospitalroll top bathbubbles barmonsoon showerbubble loungeafternoon teanespresso machinehuge bathroomdeluxe roombirthday treatmini barwalk in showerlovely roomsaturday nightcity centrestayed for one nightcooked breakfast
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night. We stayed in the room 'Chateau des Tours' which is on the 3rd floor with a view of the central courtyard. The Hotel is beautifully decorated and both the bar and Pub du Vin have fantastic, but very different, atmospheres. The room itself was clean, the bathroom was great, although the stainless steel on the front of the bath had started to rust in places. There was plenty of wardrobe space and a good selection of teas and coffees (including a nespresso machine). The Hotel service was generally very good. At breakfast there was plenty of choice, we heard the waitress apologising to customers on more than one occaission, it didn't seem terribly organised, we weren't offered toast, when we asked for some 2 seperate baskets of toast were brought over. When our hot breakfast was brought out another waitress came over and asked us if we wanted to order a hot breakfast..... I think this was a one off, but would be my only niggle.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed for a special birthday treat. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The hotel was what we expected and we would stay again for a special occasion. The were only two disappointments. The shower was a little erratic in volume and temperature (we had family in another room and they had the same experience). The other problem was that the pillows were too soft and fairly useless. We had a room with an upstairs bathroom, the novelty quickly wore off as the stairs were very steep. However it was a lovely hotel and we would go back (but take our own pillows!)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2012

What a beautiful, beautiful hotel and one of the best breakfasts l have ever had ~ BUT!!! Come on Du Vin it's time for a whole clean out and some new furniture, paint and plastering, please get it sorted.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlotte1313
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This hotel is located in the Business district right in the City Centre so you can walk here from all the main railway stations. I initially walked right past it as it's not that clearly signposted and even when you enter the lobby you're not sure it's actually a hotel as there's no proper reception counter just a small desk at the other corner of the lobby (which was unmanned when I arrived). Having got the keys for my "suite" I went to the elevator which I only used once during my stay as it was so slow and so narrow.
The room itself was huge- very spacious but it's a shame they did not do a better job with the furnsihing. There was a large ebony wood coloured wardrobe which didn't have much practical storage space inside and a other bits of furniture that was light coloured wood. It's seems they just placed the furniture randomly in the room rather than thinking what would be most comfortable for the guest. On the plus side the bed was big and comfortable and the bathroom was very nice though a little cold.
This hotel really has potential to be much better, they should get someone in to do a proper makeover of the rooms and please fit a new modern lift.
I ate one night in the restaurant where the was good but rather expensive for what is quite simple food. I did really like the pub on the lower ground floor where there's a good selection of ales and whiskeys.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jerry P
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We went for Sunday lunch; it was a near-perfect experience. The only let-down was the service. It was very slow - an hour from sitting down to the arrival of our main course, and this was preceded by the wrong starters being sent out initially. The staff were very apologetic and we were served an intermediate course, on the house, to make up for the delay. The food itself was superb, and excellent value for the set Sunday lunch. I would certainly go back.

PS - Trip Advisor, your map has this hotel in totally the wrong location; and why force me to rate the rooms when I only went for lunch?

• Stayed: February 2012