1,815 results
All reviews eye hospital roll top bath bubbles bar monsoon shower bubble lounge afternoon tea nespresso machine huge bathroom deluxe room birthday treat mini bar walk in shower lovely room saturday night city centre stayed for one night cooked breakfast
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for the night on valentines day and we absolutely loved it, it had temperature control, a huge queen sized bed, big corner sofas with a TV and to our surprise a in the back room!! There were two baths next to each other in the bathroom which was very romantic and the showers were incredible! Had a great stay and the service was perfection. The location was also perfect, literally on the door step to the city centre of birmingham with a great view of the business district with a little hide away of bean bag cushions in the window sill.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scarlett s
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here for the weekend Friday and Saturday night in the Krug room. Nice large room with comfortable bed. There are nice touches such as a coffee machine with good coffee.

Hotel is located a short walk from shops and the bull ring and there are plenty of places to eat and bars close by. The hotel du vin has a restaurant which is very nice if a little expensive. There is also a campagne bar and pub on site.

Breakfast is nice offering good choice of cooked and cerals etc.

Staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble.

In summary not a cheap stay but you get what you pay for a nice hotel with helpful staff in a good location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank k1ckass
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My wife and I booked the stay friday night deal with dinner and breakfast for £129.00. We have always loved this hotel and have always found it a pleasure to stay in. The service at check in is an example in how to greet and make a guest feel welcome, special and unique. IT is the HDV way. On check in we found we could upgrade to a larger room which was superb, roll top bath and monsoon shower and huge room and bed at the front of the hotel. We love all of what HDV offers and this hotel is always consistent. The bar downstairs is welcoming, busy and has a great atmosphere and selection of drinks available. The Bistro where we had dinner is a splendid romantic dining room and the food is always consistently good. Our breakfast again in the morning was superb, a good mix of cold buffet, pastries and hot cooked food. Service again in the bistro for dinner and breakfast couldn't be faulted and this and the welcome made for a fantastic stay. We can't wait to visit again. It is always a pleasure.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the good deals available on line. All rooms are good, the back of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Used restaurant for business lunch - food & drink is pricey, I don't mind that so much, but the service although quick for the food, was more than lacklustre at the bar.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I checked in and was given the wrong room, as I waited in the bar the manager came to tell me the bad news, I thought he was there to tell me I could not have the room I had booked, but no, he was sorry to tell me the valet had written off my car!!!!!! DONT WORRY HE SAID. We will make sure everything is perfect, leave it to us. As he left I turned to finish off my very expensive cocktail to find it had been removed. Later at dinner we ordered wine, both choices were out of stock, When my main course arrived they had forgotten to put the bird in the oven, not an overstatement, they really had, it was still cold and raw from the fridge. I asked for the bill, at which point the maitre d came over in tears, so sorry for the awful treatment I had received. Having had enough I went to my room to watch tv which didnt work, called the front desk but the phone was inactive. What a shambles. The place is tired
and so are the staff. Needless to say I have no resolution regarding my car, they decided to pass the problem onto the insurance company wiping their hands of the whole affair.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple