Hotel du Vin & Bistro
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$144
  • Pool
US$189
US$124
  • Pool
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$143
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$61
US$59
US$180
US$164
1,710 results
All reviewseye hospitalroll top bathbubbles barmonsoon showerbubble loungenespresso machinedeluxe roombirthday treatmini barlarge bathroomwalk in showerlovely roomcity centresaturday nightstayed for one nightfollowing morningcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Well located close to the business district, rooms are slightly expensive. Everything went well until I checked out, I had to wait ten minutes before able to check out, then at check out the staff was really rude and agressive, grabbed my card from my hand quite violently, not a thank you not a nice word. In consideration with the price.
Sorry the rooms are nice and it's funny to name all the rooms after wine, but service is too rude

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HdVMgr, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear "Dfastener"

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel du Vin.

I am so sorry to hear that your enjoyable stay was marred somewhat by an unfortunate experience at the front desk on departure.

I really would like to discuss this matter further and would invite you to contact me at your earliest convenience by dropping me a note to tony.elvin@hotelduvin.com

Sincere apologies once again, Tony

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We visited Hotel Du Vin Birmingham on the 21st October for Traditional Afternoon Tea to celebrate my Moms 65th Birthday.
We were directed into the 'Bubble Lounge' where out laid out table was ready and waiting for us. In the lovely surrounding of the bar, we sat on huge soft sofa's. It was very comfortable and relaxed.
I have to say that the service we received was fantastic!! All the Staff were polite, friendly and very helpful.
The waitress was attentive and helpful, she came over to apologise for the minimal delay in the sandwiches coming out to us, so upgraded our Afternoon Tea by offering us either Champagne or Cocktails. We chose the Champagne which was delightful addition.
I have to say that we noticed no delay at all and had chance to enjoy our first pot of tea whilst chatting amongst our group.
There is a nice selection of tea's, which come with unlimited refills. English Breakfast Tea, Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Camomile and Green Tea.
We were brought a selection of finger sandwiches which consisted of, Smoked Salmon, Egg, Ham and Cucumber.
Along with the cake selection of Macaroons, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Brownie, Madeleine's and freshly made warm scones with clotted cream and jam - scrumptious!!
It was a lovely afternoon, and exceptionally good value for money.
I will not hesitate to return the Hotel Du Vin, Birmingham for any other special occasions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bunchies

Wow! What a lovely review!? Thank you so much.

Dear "Bunchies"

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your detailed review of our Afternoon Tea service at Hotel du Vin. We have a new Afternoon Tea Supervisor, the super smilie Aimee, and she is having a wonderful impact on the Afternoon Tea experience.

We really appreciate you sharing your experience so even more people get to know about Birmingham's best kept secret . . Hotel du Vin.

Many thanks and best regards from Tony, Aimee and the team

Reviewed 20 October 2013

At reception the staff were always friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. As usual for this chain the rooms are quirky (generally in a good way). However the one caution I would give is that there were steps between the majority of the room and the bathroom and this can be a bit of a trap when in an unfamiliar and not familiar with the location!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear "NJEDB10"

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your recent and enjoyable stay at Hotel du Vin.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service from our team.

You are right to mention the steps between bedroom and bathroom and indeed around the hotel, a legacy from this quirky listed building.

I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards and thank you once again, Tony

Reviewed 20 October 2013

In terms of cost this must be one of the best hotels in the world. I have stayed here many many times and the service fantastic. Mohammed the breakfast manager has a PHD in customer services, nothing is too much, absolutely amazing service.

However, don't tell too many people, as this hotel is certainly the best kept secret.....

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Neil

Thank you for such an amazing review. I don't really know what to add apart from THANK YOU from Mohammed, the HdV team and of course from myself.

We really care about our guests and work very hard to make sure everyone has a great time. To receive such positive comments from a guest that stays with us so frequently is magical.

Kindest regards and thank you once again, from the HdV team

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. The lobby is a bit gloomy, but overall there is a nice design feel to the place. My bedroom was comfortable, with a huge bed, but the bathroom was a bit tired around the edges. Breakfast was good but a bit pricey. Parking costs an extra £20 but on street parking is free between 6pm and 8am.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear "PT5"

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor and for choosing to stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast, the bed and the style and feel of HdV.

You may be pleased to know that significant refurbishment works commence in January where we also be looking to add some additional light to the reception area.

Please do come back and let us know what you think of the improvements.

Best regards, Tony and the team