Hotel du Vin & Bistro
US$158
  • Pool
US$74
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$108
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,709 results
All reviewseye hospitalroll top bathbubbles barmonsoon showerbubble loungenespresso machinedeluxe roombirthday treatmini barlarge bathroomwalk in showerlovely roomcity centresaturday nightstayed for one nightfollowing morningcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

On arrival I was greeted by a lady at reception who directed me to the spa I was then greeted by my therapist Kelly who made me feel very comfortable throughout the service overall I would give the spa and Kelly 5* my nails are fab and I will be booking in again ;)

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just had an excellent night's stay at Hotel du Vin, with my wife, without the kids. The service was faultless, room extremely comfortable and decor distinctive. We weren't expecting a 'cheap' night but were disappointed that the menu is priced exc. VAT - I've not come across anywhere else that chucks VAT on top! Otherwise we had no complaints and had a fantastic restful stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. Generally was very pleased with it. The building has been very atmospherically converted, and the clever low lighting in the public rooms is a key part of that. I'd ignore those comments in the reviews complaining that the lighting is too low.

All the hotel staff were helpful and friendly throughout the stay

The breakfasts were excellent, with plenty to choose from. We ate in the bistro one night and again were impressed; an atmospheric room and very enjoyable food.

Have docked one star for two irritations.

(i) avoid staying in the Vina Carmen bedroom if you want a peaceful stay - a large extractor fan outside the window was on constantly and very annoying indeed; a shame, as everything else about the bedroom was good.

(ii) the bistro has a very intelligently chosen wine list. Plenty of interesting things to choose from, and no need to go for the more obvious choices. However, the mark-ups are very fierce
indeed. A great shame; with a wine list that good you should be encouraging customers to experiment; not detering them through the pricing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The hotel itself is a beautiful and wonderful setting. However the afternoon tea started off poor. There was no one to greet us at reception. Terrible service we were ignored for a long time eventually when the tea came they forgot to give us milk and there wasn't any waiters around to even ask so it all went cold. The sandwiches were stale and dry the cakes weren't fresh. We were hungry and only the salmon sandwich were edible we asked for more of those after waiting forever for someone to come to us and the waiter could see we hadn't eaten the rest of them and said there was an extra charge for extra sandwiches. I'm sorry but I do afternoon tea in London's Four Seasons, Savoy and Dorchester and even they don't charge for extra sandwiches. All in all terrible service cold tea and cheap champagne. Would not return or recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duck077
HdVMgr, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Duck077

Thank you for choosing to take Afternoon Tea at Hotel du Vin. I am very sorry to hear of your experience, particularly as we can usually count on our Afternoon Tea to score 5 stars in a TripAdvisor review.

Clearly we did not get it right on this occasion and I wish you had let us know at the time as we would have loved the opportunity to put things right on the spot.

I hope we may have the opportunity to show you why our Afternoon Tea is so popular and would invite you to contact me at: tony.elvin@hotelduvin.com so that I may try and put this right for you now.

Kind regards and sincere apologies once again, Tony

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 1 night on a Saturday back last year just forgot to review! Booked online the night before. Fast easy check-in and friendly and helpful reception staff.Rooms are gorgeous well equipped mini bar and big flat screen TV. Showers=amazing. Like a waterfall! The bed was huge and really comfy! Downstairs in the spa area the cold plunge and sauna etc are clean and tidy with a well equipped gym. We had a 3 course dinner and then breakfast in the morning which was delayed due to a fault in the printer which meant the manager came over to apologise,we got our breakfast free and a later checkout time. A lovely hotel would definately recommend and stay again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear FancescaVenus

I love the title of your review!! Thank you very much.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will return again soon. I certainly think you got the most out of your stay by doing so many things whilst you were here; dinner, breakfast, overnight and spa. You must try the cocktails too.

See you again soon, best regards, Tony and team