“Awful and Dissapointing Service”
Review of Selfridges

Selfridges
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I entered Selfridges Birmingham today after fully researching the Charlotte Tilbury range and knowing specifically the pallet I wanted to purchase as a gift for a friend. I was unfortunately met with extremely rude service when I said I wasn't interested in the complimentary lip shades.

The employee in question threw the new palette into the paper Selfridges bag against the marble counter with such force that I had to check that it was not damaged! Futher-more, the demand "What's your email" was barked in my direction, not the pleasant "Can I take your email for a receipt" which I have learned through working in retail myself. Thankfully the surly service briskly concluded but it was also noticeable from the friend who was present how quickly the employee wanted to get me away from the counter.

I feel extremely dissatisfied with this frankly aggressive and brisk experience, especially when representing such an exclusive and high class brand such as Charlotte Tilbury, the founder of which is known for her warming personality.

SelfridgesOfficial, Customer Services at Selfridges, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Claudia,

We're sorry to hear about your experience in our store.

This is not the level of service we aim to provide our customers.

Please could you email us at CS@Selfridges.com so we can look into this further.

Eloise

"high street"
"shopping centre"
"car park"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this luxurious store and was pleasantly suprised! Well laid out with different brands on display spread across different floors - Givenchy, Kate Spade, McQueen, Burberry etc and a beautiful shoe gallery - Jimmy Choo, Loubotin etc. I was shocked to see Primark sections for both Male and Female especially as it is a budget brand with a branch within walking distance! They were even using Primark bags as well. There is a large Food Hall as welll and the whole layout of the building is very good, bright and beautifully decorated. Not to be missed!

SelfridgesOfficial, Customer Services at Selfridges, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thank you for your review.

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to our store.

We do hope that you treated yourself to something nice.

Please do come and see us again soon.

Eloise

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a big fan of Selfridges generally and have been shopping there for years. The staff are very attentive and helpful in the Birmingham store. Even though it is compact the selection of concessions is great. I enjoy shopping there and going for a drink in Fumo on the top floor which I cannot fault. The staff are amazing. Nothing is too much trouble and they are very on the ball which is refreshing.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your kind review.

We're so glad to hear that you enjoy visiting our San Carlo Fumo restaurant, and that the staff are always helpful when you visit.

We'll ensure that your kind feedback is passed over to the store.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Madi

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A repeat visit to the venue in upper mall east, which I have always enjoyed, but my first since it became Fumo. Great views into the mall. Great service and the coffee was very good. Only pastries on offer for breakfast unfortunately for me, but I was told breakfast can be taken elsewhere in Selfridges. The claim on their information card is that all staff are Italian. I hope they do not advertise for Italian staff only Not these days.

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind review.

We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to our store. We'll ensure your feedback is passed over to the in-store team!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Madi

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Selfridges lies in the heart of Birmingham near a number of other shops restaurants, bars etc. The shop itself has a variety of things. Different outlets, nice restaurants, good coffee bars. Etc.
It has everything you could want although can be a bit expensive. Good ideas for Xmas gifts and really well presented. Can get busy.

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We're delighted to hear that you love visiting our Birmingham store, with the wide range we offer. We believe we have something for everyone, so we hope you always find what you're looking for.

Please come and see us again soon.

Anna-lee