“Excellent customer service but a long wait”
Review of Suriya

Suriya
Ranked #146 of 2,342 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant due to the reviews on tripadvisor. We booked a table for 8pm for two and promptly arrived. It was very busy but we were sat down very quickly although the head of house began to apologise profusely saying there had been a mix up with our table and therefore he would give us one round of free drinks, a starter and poppadoms. We didn't realise there had even been a mix up but sat down anyways, we ordered our food at 8:20pm, it didn't arrive until approximately 9:30pm, it was delicious and well worth the hype buttt... We were really hungry and the wait was a tad frustrating but the customer service from the head of house more than made up for it. In essence, if you wanna eat fast maybe avoid for dinner on a weekend? But if you don't mind waiting then go for it!

1  Thank EmWood

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Having only ever been to Suriya on more 'quiet' nights I decided to take a couple go guests on a Saturday evening; I need not have been concerned, for , in general, I was equally impressed! This place truly is worth the journey away from some of the leading names in the City centre of Birmingham. Parking and access is so easy and a very personable and friendly welcome is guaranteed. Yes- perhaps service isn't quite as relaxed on the busiest night of the week ( I think another pair of hands would make it amazing!), but the actual quality and presentation of the food is well above the norm for any other similar type of restaurant out in the 'suberbs' of the City! Far better than any other place certainly in the north Birmingham area, but arguably better than all of the the good places in Bokdmere, Wylde Green and Sutton Coldfield too! Prices- given the standard and quality of the food - are more than reasonable. The dishes are distinctive and authentic- but with a lovely personal twist. The staff are friendly, professional but very personable at the same time. Having experienced many places of this type in a Birmingham and the West Midlands it certainly would be a place to recommend with all confidence.
Forget the 'curry belt' or some of the more pretentious places in town- take the time and trouble to visit Suriya as Im sure you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is definitely the nicest meal I have ever had in a restaurant and I don't normally write reviews but this was such an amazing experience I just had to praise it here. We could choose where to sit, and an amazing starter was bought out to us. Then the main course was sensational, with a very generous portion! But that's not even the best of it. After the main, we had Indian tea which was such a great and unique taste and all the more remarkable as I don't drink tea normally! As for the service, it was incredible (we were given a curry master class by the wonderful chef) and told what we needed to make our own Indian tea! The food was incredible value, and all the staff were really nice and welcoming. This is a restaurant that you simply have to go to if you're in Birmingham. Will definitely go again!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I use this restaurant every weekend , we have tried many
other Indian Restaurants but nothing comes close to Suriya.
The food is fresh, very tasty, and plenty of it, the staff are friendly and welcoming , the restaurant itself has very high standards a good reputation
throughout the community.
If you haven't tried this little gem of a place ask yourself why ?

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Have a great time when I go with Family. The service is great very attentive staff however there has been times whete we have had to wait quite a while but only during very busy times. They have ALWAYS catered for my diet and my mothers very picky taste in food. Great food fab atmosphere and intresting menu choices.

My cousins ftom Turkey visited them as he was doing a school project about the Indian culture. They invited him into the kitchen showed him all the reciepes and talked about how they learnt to cook their families recipes. Great little place!!!