“Filling!”

Ranked #227 of 2,342 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is pretty much a new Handmade Burger that hasn't been opened long located at the Bullring.

We went here not long back in the evening with friends. It was pretty quiet when we arrived. Service was good and friendly and the food came out quite quick.

Food was really tasty and the portion size was pretty huge. So huge, i think the 5 of us ordered way to much to eat, and it was pretty painful to walk after lol

Alcohol, namely wine here was pretty good. Although it's typical restaurant prices, so say a whole price was £4, you'll be paying around £9 plus for it!

Presentation of the Burgers from this store was a lot better then the review of Brindley Place. the bun was nicer and it wasn't thrown together!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Having been to the Solihull Handmade Burger many times, and enjoying it, we were very disappointed with this experience. What we were told was a 15 minute wait for food, turned out to be 35 minutes. When the food arrived, It was nice (my beef burger was slightly undercooked), but was served on dirty plates that had clearly been wiped clean. The waiter started clearing the table before we had even finished eating and took my drink away that wasn't finished.

Jimmys farm premium burger tasted no different to the normal beef burgers, not worth wasting the extra £1.

For more than £27, I expected much better, and while I appreciate we visited on a Saturday lunchtime, the standards of hygiene should not fall this low.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Went to this resteraunt and was sadly disappointed. Had heard great things about it and was v. excited to try for myself, however after having spent around half an hour deciding on our order they informed us that there was no chicken. Some members of our group could find nothing else on the menu that they liked as did not eat red meat. We had to leave the reasteraunt. we would have been much happier if they had told us of the chicken-less situation on arrival. :( the waitress was unfriendly and unhelpful, not apologising for THEIR mistake.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We visited (3 adults) on a Saturday night. The restaurant is on the canalside and has a good atmosphere, nothing fancy but pleasant and relaxing. We were greeted and seated quickly. Waiter brought menus and took drinks order, and drinks appeared within about 3 minutes. Everything is cooked to order with wide variety of choice of burgers, and side dishes.
From the time we ordered to food arriving was about 15 minutes which is very good for about 8pm on Saturday night (it was quite busy, but not full). The burgers were excellent plus we had two sides of chips and one of skewered veg. Everything was very tasty, and there was plenty of it. We didn't finish the chips, and were full at the end of the meal. With a three 660ml beers and a cider the total bill was around £60 which is good value for money. there was no hassling to get us out and the whole experience was very enjoyable. I am not a great fan of burgers but I would certainly come back here again.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Popped in here with Mrs MM, we needed a quick bite, we were meeting someone at New Street station. There is a reasonable selection, with a mix of sides. We sat upstairs it was not overly busy for 8p.m on a Thursday. We ordered at the bar, maybe it's me but shouldn't they come to me?

We had a burger each, some fries and onion rings ( sorry, I love onion rings) and a couple of glasses of wine.I was going to have a coke,I can't believe the price of soft drinks.We weren't asked how we would our meat or did I miss something? When the food arrived there was more bun than contents.

All in all it was ok and plugged a gap, won't be hurrying back.

3  Thank mobile_mackem