“Amazing!”

Imlees
Ranked #465 of 2,384 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great little "bistro-style" indian restaurant with about a dozen tables. Great freshly-prepared food, some unusual slants and a couple of "desi"-style dishes to choose-from. Book for fridays and Saturdays though - it gets busy!
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We normally go the other branch but as we was coming from elsewhere we put the post code in and ended up in the one at Mosely village. They stayed open for us as it was late and our food was ready on time and was delicious. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone. The atmosphere is lovely, the staff are very friendly and the food is on point. Thank you for your service!

1  Thank Oscara2204

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Excellent food esp the lamb chops although there wasn't much meat on the bone. Lovely atmosphere, great thing about this place is you can bring your on booze!!!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ate here late on a quiet night midweek, food is great, well presented and tasty. The guys working there are a bit 'gangsta' and don't like being asked to do things such as close the front door - it was cold! I sensed a slight attitude from the fellow but I didn't let it put me off my otherwise positive experience. 2 mains, 2 rotis, 1rice, 1 coffee came to £21.50. Quite good value.

2  Thank parkash
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend live in Moseley and challenged ourselves to try every restaurant in the villiage, so with this in mind, we booked a table at Imlees on a Friday night.

On entering, I wasn't sure about it at all - it's a relatively small space, and the tables looked sort of crammed in. We were seated at a table for two in the middle of the room, and my doubts quickly disappeared; it was cozy and romantic, with ambient lighting and colours.

They had quite a ot of serving staff for such a small space, which meant we were served very quickly and all were friendly and relaxed, contributing to the laidback atmosphere.

The staff had hired a magician(!) for the evening, who was hopping from table to table showing off his stuff. Again, I was a bit trepidatious about the intrusion this would have on our meal, but when he showed up he did a truly awesome trick involving managing to get a card from the deck he was holding into a sealed chewing gum packet on the table behind him. We were talking about it for the rest of the meal! The magician was free of charge and didn't want tips; it was an unusual but pleasing highlight of our evening.

Now for the important bit: the food. Being a massive carnivore, I had the mixed grill which was absolutely bursting with flavour and variety, my boyfriend had a lamb jalfrezi which was also fantastic. Portion sizes were generous - we didn't feel we needed starters/puddings, although based on the quality of the mains would have loved to try them; we'll leave some room next time.

Prices are a little higher than your bog standard Birmingham balti house (but not by much), although this restaurant is above the standard, so I thought the prices were very fair. Plus, it's bring your own booze, which always knocks a hefty chunk off the bill!

All in all, a great, memorable evening. Will definitely be coming back and have already recommended to friends. Thank you Imlees!

1  Thank Cl0bee
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Upon recommendation decided to go for a meal food and service overall good only issue starter plates need more tidying up salads need to be presented in a better manor my other half had salmon starter sauce or green garnish of some sort just ruined the whole presentation of the dish plates being hot I liked but how do you expect people to pick up a hot rice bowl and curry dish we had to wait a few minutes before we started our mains but saying that food was good cluttering of the bar by staff and management doesn't go down well especially when you have come out early to engage in conversation with the people you are dining with but hey overall these are little issues on a final note glad it has replaced the jewell in the crown Moseley needed that.

1  Thank strongbull