“Yummy”
Review of MASALA LOUNGE - CLOSED

MASALA LOUNGE
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Masala Lounge We Serve The Best Indian,bangladeshi Cuisine In The Midlands.we Invite You At Masala Lounge With A Warm Wellcome So Why Wait Come Dine With Us
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Went here about 18 months ago when we stopped for a quick curry. The food was very tasty. Remembering how good the food had been, we searched the restaurant out again a few nights ago and once again the food was very tasty.

1  Thank Len H

Reviewed 25 January 2013

All l want to say is 6 of us went and we all enjoyed this experience, great food great service good value, cannot wait to go back, just a pity its over 200miles away. We got a 3 course meal and 3 pints each for just under £20 each which we thought was excellent value.

1  Thank philmak
Reviewed 25 August 2012

great food, and i mean really great, restaurant is comfortable if a little shabby but don't worry the food is really really good.

1  Thank fishandanchor
Reviewed 10 August 2012

For treats we eat at the likes of Simpsons, for lunch the likes of Cafe Rouge, for curry? Masala Lounge, Hall Green almost every time.
The ambience is always chilled, the service is attentive but not overly so, and the curries are simply excellent. I'm a dhansak man myself and Masala lounge's dhansak balances the sweet and spicy perfectly. I do venture into other territory however (as does the wife) and neither of us have ever been disappointed with our dishes. The quality of the ingredients is good and there's no excessive use of colourants and other additives. It's not gourmet or cutting edge but, frankly, that's not what I go for a curry for. I know what I like and this place delivers it well! We're also always pleasantly surprised at the bill - the value is excellent.
If there's any criticism it's that the house wine isn't great (although it's not horrendous), but we've decided that next time (if there's no objection - which I'm sure there won't be) we'll nip next door to the co-op and grab a bottle of our choice.

1  Thank DaveGBirmingham