“If you want to know how beer is made come here!”
Review of Two Towers Brewery

Two Towers Brewery
Ranked #67 of 300 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Brewer of excellent traditional British real ale. Tours available.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Two Towers Brewery is one of the smallest breweries you will come across and is situated near Birmingham's famous Jewellery Quarter. It is run by Mark Arnott-Job and his partner and he will spend ninety minutes explaining the beer making process; cost per head is £10 and you must book on 0121-439-7253. You will get the chance to sample a couple of free beers, mostly with amusing (and often local) names.

3  Thank mmogano
in 12 reviews
"history"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 25 July 2014

On arrival at the Two Towers Brewery, situated in a Hockley industrial unit, close to the Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham, we were given our four beer tokens. Mine were bottle tops to be redeemed, one bottle top for each half of real ale. There were three beers on offer, so during the presentation I worked through the three ales, with my last bottle top token I chose my preferred beer.
The presentation by the brew master was interesting, informative, humorous and entertaining. Subjects were relevant to origins of the names for different beers brewed by the micro-brewery, including local history. Well worth the visit, if only for the presentation, the real ale a delicious bonus.

3  Thank 41an
Reviewed 25 June 2014

a) beer is not my preferred drink. I am a starting beer drinker. I DO like beer, if it is really COLD as ice and not TOO bitter. The tasted beers were in my opinion too bitter, and definitely not cold. The owner, founder is a wonderful & friendly passionated man who could fill 2 days with talking about beer ... inspiring person that has a dream to maintain an old Birmingham Tradition of creating a true Birmingham beer ... and he is on his way!

2  Thank JoostS_NL2013
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I booked a tour (~12 of us all together) at the end of May and everyone I asked afterwards said they had a great time. The tour was very informative and it was great to hear the reasoning behind the names of the ales (I'm originally from Stourbridge so it was nice to hear some of the history of Brum while enjoying a pint). The ales were great and a good time was had by all! (special thanks to Mark who was an excellent tour guide).

I would definitely recommend this tour (and the ales! the lads have already ordered some after trying one or two on the tour for the world cup).

2  Thank LLD788
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went with friends who actually bought this for hubby as a birthday present. It was the best 2 hours we have had for a long time. Mark was a great guy with very interesting and informative information explaining the origins behind the names of the beers. some times he did digress a bit but it made it all the more entertaining,and telling you the process in making the beers. Its a small unit on an industrial estate but don't let that put you off. You have the option to taste 4 halves or you can have 2 pints if you prefer. All in all a great experience. Thank you Mark.

Belinda, Roy, Wendy & Phil.

2  Thank h0lidayaddict3