“Worst Japanese restaurant ever! ”

Ocean Dragon Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #810 of 2,249 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Experience the highest standard of traditional and contemporary Japanese Cuisine in the midst of Birmingham’s vibrant China Town. ‘Ocean Dragon’ a stylishly designed restaurant, located on level 1 of the popular Arcadian Centre. Select from the most comprehensive menu of authentic rice dishes,seafood, noodles and more...
“Worst Japanese restaurant ever! ”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Everything was not freshly made but reheated. Everything was bad! We wanted to try the teppanyaki place next to this but it was closed for lunch so we went for this and was super let down.

5 Thank Kitty L

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and not good”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Went to Birmingham on half term, took wife and kids and a friend. Wanted sushi, ordered a sushi platter (24 pieces). The presentation was nice but the sushi wasn't, I tried sushi various places and was very disappointed.
The price was kind of expensive for what we ordered.

3 Thank Zerowing182
Zug, Switzerland
“Got my Sesame Ice Cream but...”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

A friend of ours recommended this place and told me about the Sesame Ice Cream. I am a huge fan of Sesame Ice Cream and therefore I wanted to try out this restaurant.

We arrived for a late lunch and the place was rather empty. The interesting part is that the menu came in dual language,but not in a way you might expect in a Sushi restaurant, but it was English and Chinese... First red flag was raised but shouldn't have any impact on the outcome of my review.

First we got our California Maki. Strangely I couldn't detect any avocado at all.. Then the second plate, our Ocean Sushi Platter. Somehow they missed the wasabi and ginger in that platter with 24 not-so-fresh sushi on it.. The soy sauce was missing too.. I mean the restaurant wasn't full at all and they keep on forgetting the tiny but important things. The Yakitori was good but then, it was the only acceptable plate.

The final ultimate test was my long expected Black Sesame Ice Cream and I was hoping that everything will turn out good. But guess what? It didn't... The Sesame Ice Cream had too much sesame in it so the flavor was by far too strong..

I will never step another food into this restaurant again. There are better Sushi places in Birmingham to discover. Probably the take away chains might even have fresher sushi.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank bchl1a
“Worst of town”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

It's only frozen fish, it's by far the most disgusting sushi you will ever try ! The rice is over cooked and the dumplings are awful.

3 Thank Olivier V
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“first time at a Japanese restaurant”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First time at a Japanese restaurant, food was excellent and staff very friendly we will be going back

• Visited February 2014