“Excellent!”

Nuvo Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #852 of 2,278 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nuvo is Birmingham's most elegant and exclusive cocktail bar & late lounge. With its chic decor, delicious cocktails and mouth-watering tapas, Nuvo appeals to the most discerning of patrons. Tapas Nuvo's new tapas menu brings a real flavour of the Mediterranean and is perfect for one, sharing as a couple or with friends. Traditional Spanish favourites such as chorizo and manchengo cheese are available as well as squid and oysters for the more adventurous. Dishes are available individually or as a sharing platter and we cater for meat and fish lovers as well as vegetarians. Cocktail Bar & Lounge In the short time that Nuvo has been open it has gained a reputation for producing quality cocktails and creating a relaxed atmosphere in which to imbibe them. The Lounge and Cocktail Bar is on the ground floor and offers exquisite surroundings where Nuvo's waiters and hosts provide the finest service. For small more informal groups we can reserve a plush seating area in the downstairs lounge. Nuvo have 5 sections that offer waitress service from 6 -8 guests, or our larger booths which accommodate 10 - 15 guests. This option offers the perfect opportunity to be able to relax and enjoy your evening as well as having the benefit of reserved seating for those evenings when you just can't dance any longer. The Late Lounge & VIP Booths The Late Lounge is on the first floor of Nuvo, which opens on selected Fridays and weekly Saturday's from 11.30Pm. Nuvo's VIP Area boasts 8 stunning champagne booths, which come in various sizes, and can accommodate for groups of 6, 8 & 12. All booths are available on a Saturday evening from 11pm, subject to availability. Booths are all on a minimum spend basis, and need to be booked with a deposit
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very impressed with nuvo bar, had ten tapas to share, every one tasted georgeous, so many to choose from too including option for vegetarian, cocktails lovely too and the staff were so attentive, very fast service, nothing was too much trouble, will be back!

There are newer reviews for Nuvo Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My Wife and I took our Son and his Girlfriend to this venue on a Living Social Deal. The deal gave us a selection of 20 Tapas items plus a glass of wine each. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and all the staff greeted us with enthusiasm. Our table was already laid up for us and we were seated in a very comfortable area. The choice of items available from the menu was very varied (Meat, Fish and Vegetarian) along with a good selection of dessert courses.
The dishes we selected came out at a sensible pace and were were well prepared and cooked to our liking. Attention had been given to dietary considerations that had been asked for which was very much appreciated by myself and the rest of my party. The attentive (but not intrusive) attitude of the staff was great in looking after our needs and we felt a great sense of satisfaction with the food, the service and the general ambiance of the venue. I thoroughly recommend this venue to anyone considering going there. Great place to unwind. Will definitely be going again soon.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My friends and I celebrated our 40th here with a voucher for 20 tapas with a glass of wine. I was quite nervous after reading so many negative reviews but am glad I didn't listen. The tapas was beautifully presented and there was a great variety, it was also delicious and the portions were good. The staff were all friendly even if some seemed new and a little nervous. The lady that served us gave recommendations and was very patient. It was early when we went so quite empty. Bar is a little of the main street of bars so hard to stumble across, but I'd repeat my experience!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A mixed group of people (8 females and 6 males) went on saturday night to Nuvo Bar- having been out in Birmingham a number of times i was worried that we would have difficulty getting into one bar, especially as it was after 11 upon arrival and due to the size of the group. However, i was pleasantly surprised by the courtesy and effeiciency of the door staff at nuvo bar- yes there was a £10 per person fee but the atmosphere and crowd were amazing. The two floors catered for music for all tastes and everybody was out to have a good time which is not always the case in certain bars in Birmingham. The drinks were reasonably priced with plenty of variety. Will definately go back again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked a booth for myself and a group of friends but when we arrived they had given it to someone else. We had notified them in person earlier in the day that we would be later than planned which we were told that wasn't a problem. The waiter half heartedly apologised and offered us a small table and said he would return to take our drinks order. After waiting for at least 20 minutes and the original waiter avoiding our eye contact we went to the bar ourselves. There was a long wait even though it wasn't busy and the bar girl served someone who came to the bar after us before me. So far not impressed! When we finally got served they didn't have the drink I wanted then tried to over charge me. Not a good experience overall and we will not be returning. I thought this place would be ideal for a special occasion but I was wrong. The toilets were filthy and the strawberry in my cocktail was squashed and had seen better days. There are much better bars in Birmingham.

7  Thank Alouf78