“mild food poisoning”

Ranked #336 of 2,291 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Figure of Eight is a Wetherspoons pub. This pub stands close to the well-known Gas Street canal basin, part of the city's extensive system of canals
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A friend and myself had 2 different meals, gourmet burger and hot dog. Neither of us drank. We both had diarrhoea within a couple of hours. I phone the pub to let them know. I spoke to a manager and he wasn't interested. He said we probably had to from somewhere else and because we had different meals it was unlikely. I realised after that we shared onion rings. Although polite the managers inability to have any responsibility is disturbing. Poor attitude.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The pub had a huge variety of different beer labels. The food they served was decent and the selection was excellent, from pub food to curry. Each day a different special of the day was offered. The staff has been really nice and sitting outside in the garden has been great.
Unfortunately during rush hour they didn’t keep up cleaning the tables in the garden. The tables were packed with empty glasses and dirty plates.
Nevertheless, a good place for a decent beer and food. Definitely a place to recommend.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great food, good choice & good price. Everything you expect from a pub meal we had the pulled pork jacket potato & chicken skewers & chips both really tasty & a great price. Even though the pub was busy service was quick & the food well presented.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Really impressed by the Quality of the food and fast and friendly serviced , this Weatherspoons is by far top of my list against others I have visited

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very pleasant meal in Figure of Eight on a business trip. The Chicken strips were very tasty and the large mixed grill was also very well cooked. I did ask if I could have the Pale Rider with the deal but the barman was insistent that it was not of the sufficient low strength.

This is an area of confusion as the policy seems to vary between Wetherspoons houses - some say you can have any of the ales on sale and some stick to the low strength - i had to make do with Ruddles Best