“Surprisingly moist chicken!”

Ranked #327 of 2,346 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Figure of Eight is a Wetherspoons pub. This pub stands close to the well-known Gas Street canal basin, part of the city's extensive system of canals
Reviewed 30 July 2014

As good as chicken dishes from other chain restaurants, moist and well cooked.

While the chicken on the "chicken club" night is a decent portion, sadly the salad accompaniment (if you go for the healthy alternative) is a little unsubstantial and the salad was a little bitter. I asked if it was possible to change the coleslaw which I am not keen on, and while the waitress did kindly go to the kitchen to ask, the answer from the kitchen was that it could only be swapped for another dip.

The prices were good, the staff were friendly, the restaurant was clean and well presented.

1  Thank teresa W

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I came with 7 more friends we start the afternoon with 2 for 1 coronas, after 1 hour they stopped serving us saying that we are drunk , ok one member was maybe " happy " but I had one cidre and I couldn't have more, just because I was in the group aswell what made me think that just because most of the group is foreign bad doesn't speak English they already tell everyone " ohhh don't serve they are drunk " that is a very racist atitude
AND Jake the manager just told us he trust his staff (I can understand this and that the best way but) first as a manager check the group and don't let a member of staff talk to your ear in front of me as if I didn't heard! After that it was told to me that they wouldn't serve us in front of every body in a rude tone em embarrassing me, that I didn't even drink at all!!! I see so many drunk people most English laying on the floor do your job properly and don't treat foreign people like s###
i will never come back to your place because was a shame to be foreign aparently

3  Thank Bollywood89
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This pub shows all the best of the Wetherspoon formula, nice atmosphere, rear garden, and the staff very friendly as all Birmingham people seem to be

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Good value for money right in the center of Broad Street. Cheap drinks and great beer garden on the back of the pub. Food could be better, but not on this budget!

1  Thank manudelpeso
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A friend and myself had 2 different meals, gourmet burger and hot dog. Neither of us drank. We both had diarrhoea within a couple of hours. I phone the pub to let them know. I spoke to a manager and he wasn't interested. He said we probably had to from somewhere else and because we had different meals it was unlikely. I realised after that we shared onion rings. Although polite the managers inability to have any responsibility is disturbing. Poor attitude.