“Enjoyable Thursday night out!”
Review of The Glee Club

The Glee Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Midlands' premier comedy club and live music venue. Multiple 'Best Comedy Venue' award winner. Weekend comedy, Christmas Parties, comedy tour shows, live music & more.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our first time visiting a comedy club, so we arrived with apprehension. After ordering some overpriced drinks from the bar we were ushered to a dark and some what a bit dingy room with retro table and chair which were way too close to each other.

However, the show itself was hilarious and the acts were really good which made it a good night out. Tickets to the show itself are reasonably priced, hence I'm guessing why the drinks are overpriced. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was the first live stand up comedy show we have seen and we enjoyed it. we also had the buffet on offer which was very good value for a fiver.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my second visit to The Glee Club and I cannot recommend it highly enough. My mum uses a wheelchair and I enjoy arranging evenings out for her to see our favourite music artists. Glee Club is fast becoming one of our favourite venues.
When I explained on the phone that one of us would be using a wheelchair, the very helpful man on the phone said to wait at the front entrance and ignore the queue so that we could be shown to the more accessible entrance around the back. I didn't catch the name of the member of staff who helped us on the night, but he couldn't have been more helpful. He came to take us to the accessible entrance before everyone else came into the building. This was really helpful for making mum relaxed during the evening, as she is shy and a little self-conscious when moving around in her wheelchair in the middle of a crowd. He was chatty and friendly and escorted us up the lift, explained that he had left the disabled loo unlocked for us so we could use it whenever we needed to and then escorted us to our seats that had been reserved for us on the front row. The gig was in the smaller of the two rooms and we were so close to Holly Williams and her band that we couldn't quite believe it.
The gig itself was absolutely fantastic in the intimate setting. Holly Williams stayed behind to sign CDs and mum even had a chat with her husband (the drummer from the Kings of Leon) whilst I was getting a CD for her!
The same member of staff who helped us at the beginning of the night, then met us at the end of the gig and asked us if we had had a good time. He offered to escort us back down the lift, but I said we'd be fine as I needed the toilet before we left and didn't want him to have to wait. He busied himself with something else for a few minutes and then did come to escort us down after all. He told us all about the venue and recommended we visit on a comedy night before holding the door open for us as we left.
There is a multi-storey car park very close by with a security monitored lift and I thoroughly recommend popping to the Italian opposite if you arrive a little early as they were very accommodating when we only had a short amount of time.
All in all a brilliant evening and we will definitely be visiting again. Thank you Glee Club!

1  Thank 707Kate
Reviewed 24 June 2014

went there on hen do. mature ladies, very strict, cant even whisper, go to lav, go out for ciggy, bouncer picked on us all nite, we went after first half, seats uncomfortable, no drinks while act is on, food terrible. never again. threw loads of peaople out for stupid things, acts wernt that good to keep our attention.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've visited the Glee club 4 times now, following a recommendation from a relative.
The comedy club is great fun and always has a great selection of comedians.
I've visited with friends and also with family and had a fabulous night each time.
Would definately recommend!