Shanghai Shanghai Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #566 of 2,187 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Shanghai Shanghai Chinese Restaurantis located in central China Town, Birmingham (1st Floor The Arcadian) an easy walking distance from the Bull Ring Market, the Local Theatre and Birmingham Train Station. We quickly became one of the most popular Chinese Restaurant in the Birmingham China Town.The Cuisine here is traditional Cantonese style, typical of what you would find in Hong Kong. We are frequented by many of the local families. We are widely regarded as the best Chinese restaurant for the Chinese in the West Midlands. Our Menu has over 250 dishes, as well as a wide range of drink and wine list. We are also very pround to bring out over a wide varity of authentic hot and spicy Sichuan cuisine, specifically designed to the Mainland Chinese Taste.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Don't know why I hadn't come here sooner. Wonderful place with nice seating, nice waiters, fabulous food. Price are not to bad for what you get and what I appreciate the most is that they give you the option if you want to tip or not. Nice dining will be coming back.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Truly Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were very excited to go to this restaurant after reading reviews. I can honestly say it was unforgettable, but not for the right reasons. The service was fair, but the food was dreadful. We shared the house platter, which was ok. The crispy duck was edible, but the spring onions were dry and chewy. The Ho Fan noodle must have been reheated as they were broken and gelatinous. the clay pot rice with Chinese sausage and chicken, which was mostly connective tissue and bone ( to be fair, the waitress warned us there may be bones), was inedible having waited 20 minutes for this house special. The only dish we ate was the Hong Kong king prawn, having realised the beef fillet was not the sizzling dish we anticipated, but a luke warm offering of chewy matter. We complained and they did not charge us for the dishes we hadn't eaten. An extremely disappointing birthday dinner. At least the Tsing Tao was cold when it was meant to be, unlike the belly pork. I just hope I'm not ill tomorrow. AVOID.....

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ggggsss
Roma, Italia
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to this restourant twice and I must say I was very impressed. Staff was great, food was very fresh and authentic. I have travelled to Asia many times and must say that the food was great and they offer a very good variety ( not only usual Cantonese but also Sichuan food that is not that common to find ( you need to request the Sichuan menu). I will visit them again when in Birmingham!

Coventry
“Great place to eat with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We ate at Shanghai Shanghai with friends last night & thought, the food, price & service was excellent. We ordered a mixture of dim sum & main meals. Everything was devoured! We will certainly be going again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Both dishes were good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I liked this place. I only ordered 2 dishes but both were good.
I went off menu and asked for a Malaysian 'Char kway teow' which the efficient and friendly manager was happy to provide. It was a creditable version although lacking 'the smoke of the wok'.
The dim sum entree was good too.
The prices were reasonable.
I'd come back.