“Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #232 of 2,517 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Recapturing its former glory, a Grade II listed building at No.8 Bennetts Hill has been transformed into a whimsical world known as The Lost & Found. We've unlocked our doors for you to discover a Victorian hideaway, full of hidden gems and forgotten secrets discovered by Professor Hettie G. Watson.Join us for brunch, escape for lunch, treat yourself to an after-work feast or sip away on the thing we love most...cocktails! Come and discover our freshly prepared food and explore what concoctions we serve at the bar.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I visited The Lost & Found last Saturday for a work's Hen Party. There were 14 of us and we had an afternoon tea. It was a beautiful venue and everyone enjoyed themselves. Our server, Emma, was brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble for her. The food and cocktails were delicious.Anna, who was in charge of our booking was also very helpful and replied to emails promptly.

TLAFManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Lost & Found, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so pleased to hear you felt so well looked after by Emma. I will pass on your thanks to her.

I look forward to your next visit.

Bookings & Events Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Friends booked this restaurant for a catch up. Initial impressions were good, we were swift taken to our table and given menus. The refurbished restaurant is spectacular inside being an ex banking hall. We did notice that the restaurant was particularly loud and echoed so when it came to ordering we tried to point to items on the menu to help the waiter. So far so good.

We did have a lengthy wait for starters and did chase them - they appeared quite quickly. the smoked salmon was very good as was the fish sharing plate. There was another wait for mains and when they turned up one dish was not what we ordered. The waitress immediately took it away but the original waiter retrieved it and assured us that the (chicken tandoori type dish) that arrived was indeed Chicken Milanese (even though no fried egg was to be sen!) On tucking in it was clear that we'd been given the wrong dish but with a member of staff not to be seen and given the wait we'd had my friend ate the dish because he was hungry. At the end we told the waitress (who was very nice and efficient but clearly overworked) and they took 10% off the bill which again took a great length of time to come.

So the food was okay, the service was very hit and miss and being told clearly the wrong dish was what wed ordered was downright wrong.

TLAFManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Lost & Found, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hi Nigel,

I am sorry to hear about the mix up with your dishes on Saturday night, while we do get extremely busy on Saturdays this most definitely should not have happened. I am pleased to hear you were compensated in some way for this mishap. Going forward, I will be making sure our staff are retrained on their speed of service & checking back on the table.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in the other Sunday for a few drinks , great atmosphere with live music, Great Cocktails, really nice place

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit & hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for drinks a few months ago, the espresso martinis are the best I have had, and I've not had a decent one since! The bartenders were delightful

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We believe we make a mean espresso martini & are so glad you agree. I hope you will pop back in to sample more from the menu.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Never been here before. Recently decorated it seems and I must say it’slovely. Seated very quickly and water brought to table without asking for it. Ordered within 5 minutes which is great. Quite a nice menu with some different dishes from what you usually find. I ordered a flat bread with peri peri chicken and Asian slaw, with a side of skinny fries for £10.50. A tad pricey but we will see if the price is worth it. Very efficient order-taking from the wait staff. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. I didn’t try the cocktails but there was a lovely selection contained in a pretty bound book which housed a taste map. The taste map tells you which cocktails are sweet or dry, strong or light. I love that concept! I will definitely return to sample these one evening. There was also a cute little book with a selection of summer in a glass cocktails. Perfect! I plumped for a glass of Sauvignon and it was lovely, perfectly chilled (and, in a decent glass! I’m picky about wine glasses). So, within 10 minutes I’m seated, I’ve ordered and I’m sipping my delicious wine. Good start
So lunch arrived within 25 mins. Not at all bad as the place wasnt empty. It was delicious. Odd comment but the mayonnaise was gorgeous! Just the right amount of kicking Chilli in the slaw. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Was it worth £10.50? Yes, of anyone’s money. I want to eat that all over again but I’m suitably full-up.
I will definitely return here (for lunch and another time for cocktails). I’m a happy bunny with this one. Highly recommend.
Why a very good and not excellent I hear you ask: the food could have been a tad warmer. Only a tiny critic. Keep doing what you are good Lost and Found

Hi Claire,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so pleased you felt your recent visit to our venue & look forward to your next visit.