“Nice food without the showing off”
Review of Emporio Maria

Emporio Maria
Ranked #394 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A nice restaurant for when you just want a nice meal, dont want to cook yourself and dont want to spend a fortune.

Staff very pleasant food was good. not great but good. I enjoyed it and the price was good too. Portions was generous and a 2 course meal should satisfy even a big eater.

This is not a special occasions restaurant but one that I will frequent in the future to try the rest of the menu. I will put it on my list of weekday eatery for when I came back ofter a tough day in the office and want a nice relaxing meal without any hassle.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had cured meats to start, which were fantastic. You forget how great good sourced produce is. I had seabass to follow and my husband had king prawns wrapped in pancetta, both excellent. Lovely waitress, good atmosphere. It always seems closed and dark from the outside but it lovely inside.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I visited Emporio Maria on a Sunday and had a very good roast. The roast option wasn't listed on the menu we were given so you may have to just ask if you want it. Excellent vegetables and very large portions made it great value for money.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our 2nd time here, this time we went for lunch, just £7.99 for 2 courses. It was mid week so pretty quiet. A very friendly welcome and prompt service. To start with my friend had Bruschetta Classica, 3 pieces topped with lots of tomatoes and garlic, which she said was huge, but really nice. I had the soup of the day, which was cream of tomato - absolutely delicious. For mains we both had the Sea Bass with a creamy garlic sauce served with green beans. The Sea Bass was cooked to perfection and the sauce and beans were light and delicious. Service was very good, we didn't wait too long between courses, and the waitress was very friendly and accommodating. Soft drinks were a bit pricey, I had a lime and soda - £3.50! All in all a lovely place with delicious food.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

A team of 13 of us visited Emporio Maria to celebrate sporting success.
The staff were accommodating and friendly; when dealing with 13 chatty women drinking lots of wine that's not always easy!! There was a good range of food for all diners, even fussy ones, portions are large as are the wine glasses (important for our group).
Service was good and again the Staff were attentive, smiley and managed our group well.
It was the perfect venue for our evening and good value for money.
Small independent places don't always succeed in Harborne so it would be great for this place to keep business going as it's not your typical Italian on a High St with quite a lot of standard typical chains!