“Poor Venue Lay-Out”

Jongleurs Comedy Club
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Top notch comedy entertainment in a dingy, run down venue. The seating arrangements are very poor although its probably the best they can manage in such a confined space. Man of the seats are behind pillars which obviously obstruct your view. Drinks are expensive and the bar staff are not the best. The only saving grace for the night were the very funny comedians.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Went on a Friday night, 4 of us, seated at the front of the stage.
We pre-booked food, which was confirmed when we arrived and came out quickly. not a great choice of dishes, but was average. would have been made better if more lighting as difficult to eat in semi darkness!
Staff all very friendly, drinks reasonably priced, and acts on stage were great.
Full house, so good atmosphere, and would visit again!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Having been to other different comedy nights I thought I would give this one a go while in Birmingham - when I got to the venue it was placed in a dark and not very nice cellar with holes in the roof and a very sticky floor. The food was at best average but the staff there are nice and kind and its due to the staff been so good that I didnt give the venue a 0.
There are 3 acts on as usual places and as usual I thought it started with a warm up act, not very funny but OK which it did - the first act was quite funny. Then the second act would come on more funnier and sure enough the second act was fantastic and made us all laugh LOTS. Then the headliner act, supposed to be the funniest of the night. How disappointing so much so half of the room walked out - terrible - how they let people like that be a headlining act is terrible .

Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

First and last time I will be going here, it was an ok night nothing special, four acts on first three were crap and the last one got a few chuckles out of me but that might of been the jugs of beer.
bar staff were slow which shouldn't happen there as they dont get busy when the acts are on.

the thing I did like is the seating is mixed, we were on a table with two other couples who were friendly.

make sure to take a jacket.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2013

A small group of us went there last week for a quiet celebration, aged from 40 - 59, arrived early and found all the 'jongleurs' staff really friendly, and helpful, and were seated near the front, I was the only one brave enough to take my coat off as it was quite cold inside, the glasses were filthy too, we probably noticed more than most as we brought jugs of beer and filled our own glasses up. The food was alright for the money but the toilets were not the best and one sink was broken and full of what looked like sick from the night before.
The acts were great and we all had a good laugh which made up for the rest but then the fun began. All of us decided to leave but try as we might we could not find the way out. no exit signs to be seen anywhere and no staff to ask. all six of us found ourselves in an open area by the street with a small metal fence along the front with an exit gate onto broad street surrounded by young people having a dance and a good time. we tried the exit and it was cable tied shut? The first three decided enough was enough and stepped over the small rails onto Broad St and i followed only to be confronted by an overly aggressive doorman who then proceeded to give me a proper dressing down in front of everyone. I stayed calm and explained the problem, ie the clubs lack of exit signs and admitted that we may have unknowingly done wrong and oppologised but this wasn't enough for him. i asked where were the exit signs - no reply, why was the fire exit locked - no reply. Just a further dressing down even though i had already opplogised about my behaviour at my apparent time in life. the other two in the party tried to follow his instructions to get out the right way and appeared a while later. As we went down Broad St the others confirmed my thoughts that there was no need for that. Such aggressive behaviour by the doorman was unprofessional at least. We visited numerous other places around Broad St, The Canal and Mail Box and found all other doorstaff friendly, polite, and most very approachable. This guy should take a night off, visit the other clubs and see how the pro's work the door.
To sum up Club needs to sort it signage out. Exit signs are not too much to ask for and look a little harder at it staffing as he's a liability. as after speaking to others i found they have all had a similar experience. shame because the Jongleurs group are a great bunch of people just picked the wrong venue for the comedy club

1  Thank 527andy527