“Perfect every time”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Been to this place 3 times in 2 months, with a big group of friends, friends, and with the family, the service is super each time, the place was very busy but, the host was attentive to each and every table, and the food is amazing, some real and authentic North Indian dishes, I don't recall seeing them in any other restaurant in the UK. 'Haara Ghost' is a killer!! In a group of 15 men after placing individual orders we ended up ordering another 5 portions of it, and one for take away.
Will go again soon.

There are newer reviews for Desi by Imlees

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Booked for 20 of my staff and friends, great food and staff were very helpful brilliant night out have become a regular since and would highly recommend

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The service was excellent but my starter of lamb chops were really large and more fat than meat. I'm surprised that the kitchen allowed it to be sent to the table. The manager did, however, offered me another starter.

The mains of chicken bhuna and jalfrezi were average. Best food item was the Peshwari nan and paratha.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Cooking with paneer is definitely a delicate art which I'm afraid to say Imlees haven't got right.
The cheese which I was informed was home-made tasted like it was on the turn. I had to send it back but the staff couldn't have been more helpful and brought me instead Chana Masala, without too much salt and it was delicious. However, there wasn't really a lot to choose from. When we got there the restaurant was empty but it was good to be able to park at the back and come in the back door. Then a few other diners arrived, so we weren't entirely alone. It was a very rainy, dull night in Moseley, which I'm sure had an affect on our first visit. But sadly unless the chef gets the paneer right and perhaps adds a stuffed pepper or tomato to the menu then we wont be returning.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Good food in here and nice friendly staff that are will to help. Takeaway is good value as well and the food never lets you down.