“part goers”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our group consisted of myself, partner and daughter, heading to Cadbury's World the next day. Check in for our 2 night stay was swift and easy with extremely helpful staff with the bonus of 50% off at the carpark. Room was clean and spacious and we were very pleased.

his was until after a lovely evening meal out we returned to our room with music and television blaring from the opposite room. This remained until the early hours when the noise got worse with party goers consequently getting arrested/removed from the hotel at 7am - not a good nights sleep at all! Subsequently resulted in our trip to Cadbury's world being ruined as we were all exhausted.

2nd night came and we hoped a good nights sleep would be had as the romm opposite would have new guests. WRONG! At 3am I had to call reception to send security up due to party-goers selfishness frightening my daughter. Although the security person did try to control the situation, his attempts were unfortunately worthless as the noise got worse once he left.

The buffet breakfast was generally what you'd expect and we were happy with it,..apart from the scrambled eggs! Very salty and probably from powder form.

If you are staying with a family, maybe don't stay over a weekend. The hotel could do with having a floor dedicated to families to avoid this happening. Birmingham seems like a fantastic city, shame we didn't have the energy to explore it properly.

I'm sure generally the hotel is fantastic and I understand why it has good reviews. I would have reviewed it better, but due to unfortunately due to the circumstances we endured during our stay, I cannot.

Room Tip: Dont stay on level 4 with a family over the weekend! or ask for rooms where other families are stayi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your stay was flawed by the noise.
We did have a particularly busy weekend because of a couple of events in the city. Your feedback and Comment is always important to us as we will look in to it as a part of our commitment to customer satisfaction and to provide consistent high quality service.
If you do wish to discuss this matter further please contact me on lucy.hapa@hiebirminghm.com.We are always here to improve all aspect of our service.

Lucy Thapa
GSM

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Check in was nice and quick and within minutes we were on our way to the room.

As the hotel is new, the room was very modern and still felt brand new. It was spacious, housed a large flat screen TV and two very comfortable twin beds. The bathroom was VERY clean with a large shower cubicle, hand wash and shower gel dispensers and a hairdryer. Tea & coffee making facilities were also provided in the room, which was nice touch.

We had a very comfortable nights sleep and the air conditioning kept the room at a pleasant temperature. Considering we were situation in the city centre and next to Snow Hill railway station and the A38, we heard no noise at all.

I didn’t take breakfast in the morning and so cannot comment on this aspect of the hotels service.

On the whole a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Andrea W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear FB75

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate the time you have taken to review the hotel.

Thank you for giving us such a great start to the working week
Best regards
Andrea Whigham

Reviewed 10 January 2014

If you know the brand then this exemplifies the brand standard. It is a very large inner city hotel. If you arrive at New Street station and it is dry, it is a 4 minute walk from the station. If you ask a taxi to take you the one way system will cost you £9.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and okay for a couple of nights stay. The breakfast area is just atrocious so I wouldn't even bother buying a B&B rate if you can avoid it, there are plenty of nice cafes minutes away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Neila C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback , I am pleased you enjoyed some aspects of your stay with us in particular note you have found the rooms clean and comfortable, however , I am sory to hear of your disappointment with our breakfast, at the Holiday Inn Expresses, all our rates are inclusive of breakfast.

I would like to assure you, your feedback is no way reflective of our usual standards and we are commited to improve our products.

Once again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

From the moment I arrived here one thing was obvious,the professionalism of all the staff.I was made very welcome by the receptionist who couldn't do enough for me.The room was very modern with a stunning shower room.The bed was extremely comfortable (which I think is one of the most important things in a hotel).I didn't have enough time to experience breakfast but I will next time as I will most definitely be returning here.The parking in the NCP car park adjacent to the hotel is half price if you get the receptionist to stamp it

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pot5y
Neila C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. I was delighted to note you found all our staff most helpful, inparticular the receptionist, I have shared your kind comments to the team, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

It is always a pleasure to receive great feebacks from our guests and I appreciate you taking time to post such a positive review.

Once again, taking your comments and look foward to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My sister works at a holiday inn so she got me a family and friends rate room, me and a friend were attending the jam house so we stayed here as it is really close by. The young girl (unfortunately forgot her name) that checked us in on Saturday 4th January was really lovely and helpful, gave us glasses and ice bucket for our champagne no problems. We stayed in 605 on the 6th floor and the room was lovely, clean and fab bathroom with big double shower. Breakfast was free in the morning and this was also lovely! The car park is at the back of the building but even though its 50% off if you stay at the holiday inn its still quite pricey at £12.50.
No complaints what so ever about the hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie-Aaron

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us, I am delighted to note that you have enoyed your stay and that the staff were at hand to assist you during your stay. with regards to the car park, the hotel does not have a car park, we have an agreement with the NCP Royal Angus, which is situated next door to the hotel at half price, we are curently working together with the car park in order to offer a reasonable charges to our valuable guests.

Once again thank you for feeback and look foward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights before Christmas. The check-in was friendly and efficient.

Our room, on the 9th floor was spacious and exceptionally clean. The hotel is ideally located (about a 10 minute walk) to the Bullring and the main shopping centre

The breakfast was adequate and set us up for the day.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The_Black_Cat2011
Andrew G, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear The_Black_Cat2011,

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us.

We are happy to read that everything was as you would expect and the location was ideal for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Andrew

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I can't fault this hotel one bit me and my girlfriend had a great stay
Room was clean and bed comfy with a choice of pillows
Staff were great help and easy check in too!

The location of the hotel is perfect 5-10 minute walk to the center and bullring its also literally round the corner from Birmingham Snow Hill station with making it easy to find there is also a Tesco just round the corner

Breakfast was good to had a wide choice of fruits breads yoghurts cerals and hot food too!

for the price we paid for £37 per night breakfast included couldn't go wrong will be back soon thanks again :)

Room Tip: ask for a top level room views are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Outshined91
Andrew G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Outshined91,

Thank you for your amazing 5* Review of the hotel.

I am glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us and the location was ideal for you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Andrew