“GREAT LOCATION BUT AWFUL BREAKFAST” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill
Ranked #43 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“GREAT LOCATION BUT AWFUL BREAKFAST”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

On arrival the helpful reception team discovered my travel agent had cancelled my room! This was dealt with quickly and efficiently and another room found for me. I also asked for a room on a higher floor and not near a lift and this was immediately offered. Hotel is clean, good facilities really convenient to my office. Room was absolutely fine decent sized shower etc. However the breakfast was not good. The scrambled egg was like rubber the sausage looked terrible too. Poor choice of fruit too a nice fresh fruit salad would not have gone amiss. I stayed at another Holiday Inn Express recently and their breakfast was terrible too. I'm surprised such a big brand cannot get its act together on this. Apart from that I would use the hotel again but I won't expect a nice cooked breakfast!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry your stay was flawed by our breakfast standard .

Holiday Inn Express brand provides a free continental breakfast with three hot items egg, beans and sausages only. We will looking into the breakfast issue as a part of our commitment to customer satisfaction.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future

Lucy Thapa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked this hotel, due to location. On face of it, good overall, rooms were modern and mine 707 very spacious, to the point it looked like there was something missing. Bathrooms great, modern and clean. Reception staff were informative, when I asked where to eat in town.
Breakfast was another thing, no bacon and when asked was told we don't do it. The sausages were tasteless and very overlooked, beans also dried and lukewarm, but the scrambled egg was truly awful, either made with liquid or powdered egg! I know it's only an express hotel, but truly please provide something better or not at all! Parking was handy as it's right next door and guests get 50% off if you get the hotel to stamp the ticket first. All in all. It was ok, but I think I'd give the breakfast a miss and walk 5 mins away and grab a breakfast roll, somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. I am sorry that your stay was flawed by the breakfast standard .Your feedback and comment is always important to us and we have looked into these issues as a matter of urgency.

Should you choose to stay with us again you will find our service much improved

GSM
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Loved the hotel, loved the location and loved the City of Birmingham (which I know some people would find hard to believe!). We had two four day stays this month. Hotel within easy walking distance of all railway stations and the city itself. Some staff were amazing, others just plain good. A bit of a spotty problem with the internet but the staff happily changed our room so we could get better access. Breakfasts were fine, good choices but my hubby would have like bacon occasionally. A well managed hotel which seemed to run like clockwork. Even though the hotel is on a main thoroughfare, the rooms were extremely quiet.

Room Tip: Our corner room on the 17th floor was bigger than the one we stayed in the week before.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. Your feedback and Comment is always important to us .

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is located right in the centre of Birmingham, a stones throw from the Children's Hospital and an easy stroll to the Bullring Shopping Centre. It is a modern new build that caters to the business traveller during the week. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and have everything you can need. The beds are really comfortable and there is ample tea and coffee. The bathroom has a large walk in show and again is modern and spotless. There is a flat screen tv and air conditioning. The service is good and reception staff helpful. Throw into this mix the free breakfast and you really have unbeatable value. Highly recommend a stay there.

Room Tip: With plenty of lifts go high for the views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. As a valued guest your feedback and comment is always important to us and we are very delighted you enjoyed you stay.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Myself and Three mates stayed at Holiday Inn Express Snow Hill on Saturday and Sunday Last I booked 2 Double Rooms on the night before, (friday) for an amazingly good Price that included a buffet Breakfast. The Staff were excellent from the moment we arrived until our departure and were able to accommodate us with Twin bed rooms although these were not available on the hotels.com website when I booked online.
The Room was adequately sized, clean and had a double shower and bathroom and Flat screen TV as well as tea and coffee making facilities (no safe though)
The location was perfect with easy access to the Tram and was within a 5-10 minute walk of the shops at the bullring Shopping Mall.Will stay again and my mates have decided to allow me to continue as minister for accomodation!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lee G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Walterwalsh

Thank you for your 5 Star Review. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, it is always nice to read such good feed back about the hotel and the team. I have passed your kind comments onto the team members.

if you require a safety deposit box on your next visit please contact the reception team as we will be more than happy to provide you with one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express in the near future.

Lee Goodman
Guest Services Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was extremely impressed with my stay at this hotel. The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful. It's clearly an extremely well run operation.
The room was impeccably clean and spacious and loved the location. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great city stay.
The breakfast was free, which is always a bonus and it was absolutely great, just what we needed.
Check in and out was pain free and efficient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen D
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear guest ,

Thank you for your five star reviews I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear and read an excellent review form our valued guest.
I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Regards

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed in the hotel for the night on business, rooms were great and really clean. Added bonus of having free wifi too. Staff were all great and made the check in/out process very efficient. Managed time to fit in breakfast the next morning which was free and just what you would need. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank for your fantastic review at the Holiday Inn Express hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.