1,284 results
All reviews snow hill station royal angus city centre beans hi express car park breakfast was included cadbury world groupon deal large shower air con minute walk the breakfast area high floor good size new street station family room
999 - 1,004 of 1,284 reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Well organised, friendly hotel. Modern. Good shower. Close to Snow Hill station and generally very central. Good wifi. Spacious rooms. Breakfast very very poor. Unfortunately no restaurant in hotel but many nearby. Bar food like breakfast - poor and little choice, pre-prepared and heated again.
Many more positives than negatives however

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your stay was flawed by our food standards.
We will be adding new items in our bar menu by of end June and are revaluating the breakfast items too . We have had some challenges but your feedback is valuable to us as a part of our commitment to customer satisfaction and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Arrived around five and the room was offered quickly and without fuss, free WiFi in the room. Room was clean and well presented, very small window at one end of the room. Very noisy air-conditioning . Bathroom was very nice , no bath though just a good shower, very tight between sink and bathroom door.
Drinks were very expensive but the reception recommended a trip to the mailbox area, good recommendation, we went to a tapas bar and enjoyed the evening.

Breakfast! wow how wrong could you get it! firstly the eggs were horrible, only scrambled and then Im sure they were powdered and then over cooked. I was informed they don't do bacon! thinking that perhaps it may have been a religious choice, then I saw tray upon tray of very overcooked sausages, not sure if they were pork or cardboard, but they were inedible, beans were every dry, vile! made do with some nice toast. We have never used Holiday inn before and probably won't again. There was a premier Inn nearby, much better breakfast for less money!

Room tip: Go else where for breakfast!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your stay was flawed by our breakfast.
In regards to breakfast the Holiday Inn Express brand provides a free continental breakfast with three hot items egg, beans and sausages only.
Your review is very important to us and we are looking into breakfast issue as a part of our commitment to customer satisfaction

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future
Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 May 2014

On arrival the helpful reception team discovered my travel agent had cancelled my room! This was dealt with quickly and efficiently and another room found for me. I also asked for a room on a higher floor and not near a lift and this was immediately offered. Hotel is clean, good facilities really convenient to my office. Room was absolutely fine decent sized shower etc. However the breakfast was not good. The scrambled egg was like rubber the sausage looked terrible too. Poor choice of fruit too a nice fresh fruit salad would not have gone amiss. I stayed at another Holiday Inn Express recently and their breakfast was terrible too. I'm surprised such a big brand cannot get its act together on this. Apart from that I would use the hotel again but I won't expect a nice cooked breakfast!

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry your stay was flawed by our breakfast standard .

Holiday Inn Express brand provides a free continental breakfast with three hot items egg, beans and sausages only. We will looking into the breakfast issue as a part of our commitment to customer satisfaction.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked this hotel, due to location. On face of it, good overall, rooms were modern and mine 707 very spacious, to the point it looked like there was something missing. Bathrooms great, modern and clean. Reception staff were informative, when I asked where to eat in town.
Breakfast was another thing, no bacon and when asked was told we don't do it. The sausages were tasteless and very overlooked, beans also dried and lukewarm, but the scrambled egg was truly awful, either made with liquid or powdered egg! I know it's only an express hotel, but truly please provide something better or not at all! Parking was handy as it's right next door and guests get 50% off if you get the hotel to stamp the ticket first. All in all. It was ok, but I think I'd give the breakfast a miss and walk 5 mins away and grab a breakfast roll, somewhere else.

Date of stay: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. I am sorry that your stay was flawed by the breakfast standard .Your feedback and comment is always important to us and we have looked into these issues as a matter of urgency.

Should you choose to stay with us again you will find our service much improved

GSM

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Loved the hotel, loved the location and loved the City of Birmingham (which I know some people would find hard to believe!). We had two four day stays this month. Hotel within easy walking distance of all railway stations and the city itself. Some staff were amazing, others just plain good. A bit of a spotty problem with the internet but the staff happily changed our room so we could get better access. Breakfasts were fine, good choices but my hubby would have like bacon occasionally. A well managed hotel which seemed to run like clockwork. Even though the hotel is on a main thoroughfare, the rooms were extremely quiet.

Room tip: Our corner room on the 17th floor was bigger than the one we stayed in the week before.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. Your feedback and Comment is always important to us .

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.