“One night city shopper break”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill
Ranked #43 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“One night city shopper break”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A last minute booking for a trip to Birmingham. The location is good just outside the city centre. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. Breakfast was free and was ok although there was no bacon on the cooked breakfast menu.
Rooms are modern and equipped with everything you need. Unfortunately our second bed wasn't made for our arrival but once I had raised the issue with reception it was quickly rectified.
Friendly staff and great air conditioning :)

• Stayed July 2014
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Lucy Thapa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We've just spent 4 nights at this hotel for a shopping and leisure trip. A bit of a performance at check in as our Expedia booking didn't show up however it was quickly rectified and we were booked in manually with no fuss. My husband has a guide dog and we were told that they didn't accept guide dogs but when told that they had to take them by law the matter was never mentioned again for the rest of our stay. The first room they gave us was a family room on the 10th floor and was very spacious and comfortable and immaculately clean. We phoned reception as the TV remote was missing and one was delivered to our door in 10 minutes but after about 30 minutes the air con unit, which is essential in this hotel as the windows don't open, sprung a leak and poured water all over the floor in the bathroom doorway and soaked the carpet. When we went down to report this they immediately changed our room and give us another family room on the same floor a couple of doors away. Breakfast was basic but there was plenty of choice, You could have cereals, sausage egg and beans, toast, croissants, yoghurts, tea coffee juice. You definitely didn't go hungry and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't have the best start to our stay here but it was dealt with efficiently and professionally. We would stay at this hotel again if we visit birmingham again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry in regards to the confusion of guide dog and the maintenance issue. Your review is very important the information that you have provided as they will help our hotels improve their services for valued guests like you.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room was a good size and the bathroom very modern. The breakfast was only okay. It was a buffet but the coffee was awful and if you don't like scrambled eggs there wasn't really anything else to eat you sausages with. Though the rom price was inclusive of breakfast and it was very good value. Parking was in a UCP car park a distance from the hotel and expensive. The hotel validated your parking ticket brining a nights parking to £12.50 - signage to and from the car park was poor and walking around a city centre looking for the hotel entrance hotel puling suitcases and 3 small kids wasn't something we enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. I am sorry your stay was flawed due to the breakfast and signage of car park. In regards to breakfast the Holiday Inn Express brand provides a complimentary self-service continental breakfast with three hot items and we have looked into the issue you have pointed out.
Before you enter the NCP car par there is a drop off area for the hotel and car park entrance on the right. However, we will look into this issue, as your feedback is valuable to us as a part of our commitment to customer satisfaction.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great location, but the drop off is a bit of a dogs dinner with no signage and badly layed out so confusing, when you are right on a dual carriageway.
Booking in was super quick and easy.
Room was fairly small and could have done with a vacuum (big blond hair on the sofa bed). Main bed was good (although a tad small) but sofa bed was a bit hard.
Fantastic views over the city. Probably one of the highest points there.
Breakfast was self service and as much as you can eat, although no bacon.
Shower room was spacious and bright.

OVERALL:
Fantastic value at £56.00 for two adults, a toddler and our baby. Nithing seemed to compare, so will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Lucy T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Snow Hill, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. We are sorry about the signage and cleanliness of the sofa; it has been reported and actioned. I want to apologize once again with the experience you had and let you know that we appreciate the information that you have provided as they will help our hotels improve their services for valued guests like you.

Should you choose to stay with us again you will find our service much improved

GSM
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Really good value for money and I did not expect such a large comfortable room at the price.
I had a room on one of the upper floors which was quiet, light and airy. The room was well set oui with everything you could need, including a setee and a desk with a surpisingly comfortable chair for working. I liked the bathroom which was of a good size, perfectly maintained and with a blue night light which was a good idea.The free high speed wifi which didn't require you to muck about with log in codes was also very useful.

I note that some people have commented adversely on the breakfast. It was OK, not a huge range of choice but that was no problem at all for me, there was more than enough to satisfy most people. I would much rather that was kept simple and I have a room of the quality that I had here and at such an excellent price.

I really enjoyed my stay and will ceratinly look to this hotel when I am next in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have good views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. As a valued guest your feedback and comment is always important to us. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Snow Hill with a friend after a festival in Birmingham. I emailed the staff to let them know I wouldn't be able to check-in until after 11pm as some hotels are quite particular about check-in times. The staff replied straight away and informed me that they'd updated my booking information and looked forward to greeting me later on.
The hotel is easy to reach on foot from the centre of Birmingham and is also close to a range public transport links.
When we checked in the staff were friendly and incredibly spritely considering it was almost midnight. The room was brilliant, I couldn't fault the cleanliness and everything was in good working order. There are coffee and tea facilities available in the room free of charge which are always a blessing. There were also a range of toiletries in the bathroom such as hand wash and shower gel. The bed was easily one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on and the pillows felt fresh and new.
The only factor that stopped me from giving a 5 star review was the breakfast. The cooked breakfast had only three items - scrambled eggs, sausages and beans. If hash browns and a choice of cooked eggs (poached, boiled, fried etc) were available I would probably have given this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your fantastic review. In regards to breakfast the Holiday Inn Express brand provides a free self-service continental breakfast with three hot items only. However, your feedback and comment is always important to us.

I do hope to welcome you in the near future.
GSM
London
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stay at this hotel quite regularly, it's very central, nice big rooms and helpful staff. Some people have moaned about the breakfast, but I think it's good, plenty of choice, I always get up to early to eat much anyway. It feels very safe and you have lovely views over all the many multi storey carparks of birmingham as well as all roads and cars - excellent! the only complaints I have is there is no iron in the room - you're supposed to collect it from reception and I wouldn't stay here when the price creeps up over about £60 it's not worth it, there are better hotels. However if the price is right it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: don't leave it too late to get to breakfast or it will be dry and crispy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express hotel. Your feedback and comment is always important to us.

We do hope to welcome you in the near future .