“taste of america”

Al's Diner
Ranked #843 of 2,279 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 March 2014

stopped by today, ,my wife's american and we indulged in blue cheese burger, nachos and chilli cheese fries followed by oreo milkshake and ice cream sundae.
Excellent service, great food and price, definitley a return trip.
Finally found proper nachos, done the correct way.

1  Thank Sheepy67
There are newer reviews for Al's Diner

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The only reason we arrived here at Al`s diner was because I had a flat tyre and was waiting for the Recuse services to arrive, they said about an hour. Having a car full 3 of under 7s we needed somewhere to feed and water the little ones, with food that was half-way healthier than Maccie Ds.

We arrived at Al`s American Diner in Heathfield Road Kings Heath, and boy it was like stepping into the TV show Happy days. Well a diner inspired by Al's Diner in Happy Day's is now here in Kings Heath! We were greeted and seated in on of the booths, 3 Adults and 3 Children

Great menu ...the best halal burgers n hotdogs and Chicken, Curly Fries, yummy Milkshakes, ice cream sundaes, Cola Floats - this place has got the lot and it all tastes amazing (well we can verify burgers, fries, chicken wings, hot dogs, cheesy fries and milkshakes so far!), the staff are mega helpful and the decor is1950s fab!

Although Al's Diner does not have the finesse of an experienced chain restaurant, the food is great and the atmosphere is relaxed. Just a bit more practice and this place could be brilliant. Its a diamond in the rough- and to be honest, I would like it to stay that way!

The only one thing I would say is that there is no Disable Facilities, or Baby Changing area. Only one toilet for both Men and Women to use. Although the Toilet was clean, this is me personally, I think the loo could benefit from a good dose of Bleach, And they need to check to make sure there is enough loo paper, as I had to ask, when one of the kids said there was no loo roll.

we were amazed at the final bill just over £20 for 6 of us great stuff. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Timeoutqueen
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have always noticed that Al's Diner is never empty and thought, many times, 'I need to go in there'. So me and my partner did! Being veggie, I thought that my choices would be seriously limited but I was happy to hear that I could have any burger with a Quorn one. I had a Quorn burger with a blue cheese dressing and fries. It was delicious; every fixin' on the burger and hot, crisp fries. My partner had a beefburger with BBQ sauce, onion rings and bacon- also with fries- he ate every ounce! I found the decor cheerful and I got into the vibe drinking Diet Coke from a glass bottle. After eating, I saw another couple share a sundae. It was sold- I had to have one. The ice cream was high quality, and although full, I ate as much as I could.

1  Thank clairabelle683
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

American diner? Really? No it's not
It's just the Asian owners changing the sign from chip shop/chicken shop to 'diner'
Not authentic, not well done
Avoid

3  Thank StaceyStandeven
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Great diner takes you back to the days of American rock n roll fresh cooked food served by great staff very clean open kitchen , small dukeboxs on tables in booths for charity go on try it