“Very good value for money”

Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North
Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel might not be located in the most exciting part of Birmingham, it is a very nice hotel at a very good price.

The hotel is very new so, so are the rooms. Very we'll equipped, nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. Free breakfast is included so is wifi.

There are a few nice restaurants on a short walking distance near St. Paul's cathedral.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
NeilParks, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear MikeB92,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North in the near future

There are newer reviews for Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I paid 79 pounds for a one night stay. The hotel's best feature is the guest rooms which were comfortable and spacious. The mattress was also good. Free Wifi was also pretty good except after a couple of hours, the system signs you out and you have to sign back in. The shower pressure could seriously be upgraded though.

What I didn't like at all was the breakfast which was self service. And to top it off, everyone carries their breakfast on plastic red trays which reminded me of being back in the school cafeteria.

On a previous stay at to Birmingham, I stayed at the Indigo Hotel near the Mailbox area and had a really good breakfast with the hot items made to order. I paid roughly the same price between the two hotels including breakfast.

But this was probably my biggest gripe about the stay.

The hotel is near the Jewellery Quarter but isn't too far from downtown Birmingham.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Travel_Critic999,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hampton by Hilton offers a convenient Buffet Style Breakfast which is inclded in all our rates. Trays are provided so a guests don't have to make multiple trips to the buffet to carry the wide range of items we offer.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed with 2 teenagers. Room was ready for us with the sofa bed already out. Room was lovely and clean and bright. No problems encountered. All staff very helpful and pleasant. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
NeilParks, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear madsmudge1,

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Lovely room - big, comfy beds, decent TV and great wi-fi. Toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities, good towels and air-con. Breakfast (all you can eat, and all you would need) included. Helpful and friendly staff and a little welcome booklet which is a nice touch. Free (basic) gym.

10 minute walk to Snow Hill, 14 minute walk to New Street, 5 minute walk from St Paul's Square.

My one complaint is housekeeping. Not that they don't do a decent job cleaning, just I've been walked in on twice - without them knocking. Sometimes don't leave you replacements (toilet paper, bathroom mats) and sometimes they move things back to where they would be if you were checking in - e.g: had a cold so took tissues to bedside table - put back..... Lap tray, no matter where you put it is sometimes back on bed all set up..... Kettle, though obviously using it and here for 6 nights is put away. I understand why they do this, but just make the bed and give me clean towels please!

Anyway, minor gripe aside, very nice hotel. The first I've stayed at in Birmingham that when I leave work I'm actually quite looking forward to get back to it. Very much recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear r0ckst4r,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have raised your issues with my Head Housekeeper to ensure the standards we set are adhered to for all our guests

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The reception staff were very helpful although they struggled differentiating my first name from my surname. Room was lovely, very compact and sadly with views only of the air conditioning units but comfortable. Watch out for noise from neighbouring bathroom facilities as echoes loudly at all hours.
Food choice was very poor in the evening basic menu which primarily consisted of Indian themed foods. breakfast was acceptable and similar in choice to local premier inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear KarenD,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hampton by Hilton offers a simple evening bar menu. Within a 3 minute walk of the hotel is St Paul's Square which offers a wide variety of restaurants and bars

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Excellent hotel, with everything you need in the price. Quick any easy check-in, nice clean and spacious rooms. Which included FREE WiFi, air conditioned. Breakfast was also included with both continental and full hot English. They even had a small fitness center in the basement.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Gareth S,

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed one night in a family room, and were really pleased with the quality of the hotel. The cost of the room was more than reasonable, very comfortable, and the staff very friendly and helpful. Extra linen and towels had been provided as we had a sofa bed. Breakfast was also excellent value and well done (for a self service buffet). Seemed freshly cooked and hot!

I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to others. It's a bit of a walk into town, but taxis cheap and much quicker.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends