Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Jewellery Quarter
US$73
US$70
Priceline
1,142 results
All reviewstram stopcity centrecar parkst paulspay and displaysmall windowcomplimentary breakfastminute walkhot and cold foodbroad streetper dayexcellent hotelnice bathroomthe sofa bedwould stay againbeansgood size
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I booked the hotel via the Hilton HHonors website to build up points, and thought I had selected the 'other' Hampton by Hilton in Birmingham which was very central and next to the event that we had come to Birmingham to attend. After attempting to check in there we were told that unfortunately our booking was at the Birmingham City North hotel. We were surprised that there could be two hotels with the same name within such a short distance so returned to the car, put the sat nav back on set off on a 10 minute drive.

The location of the 'other' Hampton hotel was poor, and felt somewhat intimidating at night to park to have to leave the car in a nearby carpark in such a rundown area. On arriving at the hotel we faced a long queue waiting to check in, and noticed a considerable variation in staff attitude. The family in front on us had a very warm welcome from the manager, and were advised to take water and/or a snack from the bar I believe because they were Hhonors members, yet the member of staff serving us didn't seem at all interested in ensuring we felt welcome or to offer us the same facilities.

The room was spotlessly clean, and fittings new but I found the mattress so hard that the floor felt to be an alternative and more spacious option. However sleeping proved not possible anyway as from 2am other guests were running in and out of their rooms, screaming shouting and laughing until gone 5am at which point we gave up and decided to remain awake until breakfast and then leave. Breakfast was ok, minimal but adequate, although I suggest cleaning your own cutlery before tucking in.

I've stayed in many Hilton Hotels over the years and I think this is the worse experience that I've had so far. Disappointing :-(

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ArtsIandICrafts
NeilParks, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Jewellery Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear ArtslandICrafts,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was somewhat surprised and dissapointed to read these as our previous comments have been favourable of the hotel.
Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in service you received.
Currently we have 2 Hampton by Hiltons in Birmingham with each one named differently as "Birmingham City North" and "Birmingham Broad Street"
We are sityuated close to the Jewellery Quarter which is currently going through as multi-million pound regeneration. Some areas are still to be completed but the hotel and buildings surrounding us are already finished.
I have checked the details of your Hilton Hhonors account and noticed that you have recently joined the programme. As your stays increase so will your benefits which will eventually move onto Water/Snack on arrival (for Gold & Diamond Members).
Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in service you received which was an unusual and isolated incident.
I will be contacting you directly to discuss further.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very homie atmosphere compared to the bigger business hotels in the Birmingham area where I usually stay. Very limited food menus but the food was quite good and good value. Very enjoyable stay overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
NeilParks, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Jewellery Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Alexandros C,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North in the near future

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel might not be located in the most exciting part of Birmingham, it is a very nice hotel at a very good price.

The hotel is very new so, so are the rooms. Very we'll equipped, nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. Free breakfast is included so is wifi.

There are a few nice restaurants on a short walking distance near St. Paul's cathedral.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear MikeB92,

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I paid 79 pounds for a one night stay. The hotel's best feature is the guest rooms which were comfortable and spacious. The mattress was also good. Free Wifi was also pretty good except after a couple of hours, the system signs you out and you have to sign back in. The shower pressure could seriously be upgraded though.

What I didn't like at all was the breakfast which was self service. And to top it off, everyone carries their breakfast on plastic red trays which reminded me of being back in the school cafeteria.

On a previous stay at to Birmingham, I stayed at the Indigo Hotel near the Mailbox area and had a really good breakfast with the hot items made to order. I paid roughly the same price between the two hotels including breakfast.

But this was probably my biggest gripe about the stay.

The hotel is near the Jewellery Quarter but isn't too far from downtown Birmingham.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Travel_Critic999,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hampton by Hilton offers a convenient Buffet Style Breakfast which is inclded in all our rates. Trays are provided so a guests don't have to make multiple trips to the buffet to carry the wide range of items we offer.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed with 2 teenagers. Room was ready for us with the sofa bed already out. Room was lovely and clean and bright. No problems encountered. All staff very helpful and pleasant. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
NeilParks, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Jewellery Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear madsmudge1,