“Very good hotel”

Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel is very good, what you would expect from an Hilton brand. Deep carpet and good amenities in the room. Nice size shower room. The buffet breakfast was my favourite, food all the time and keep very warm too. The parking, although not from the hotel, is relatively cheap, about £3.50 for the whole day. The sore note was for me the cleanliness of the room floor. A bit of hair on the room floor and in the bathroom too. Probably an old or dirty mop has been used.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

NeilParks, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear John M,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have raised your comments with our Housekeeping Team to ensure this isolated incident does not happen again in the future.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North in the near future

Neil Parks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
neath port talbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Nice hotel with good amenities. Good service and very pleasant staff. Would definitely stay there again. I had a special offer on the internet and this meant that it was very good value! We also had breakfast included which was also good value. The whole family enjoyed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Cheryl W,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fabulous! Beautifully clean, comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast in the morning was yummy too! Staff were extremely helpful and polite. Considering where the hotel is we didn't hear any noise from the street or from corridors! Excellent stay- will definitely stay at a hampton again!

Stayed October 2013
Dear Rachelle997,

Derbyshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very modern and clean hotel, lovely spotless bathroom (with large shower no bath) and very little noise from outside, easy to find from the ring road and parking in the neighbouring council car park is free on Sundays and about £1 for 3 hours on a Saturday.

Polite staff on reception and easy check in/check out.

Its a 10 minute walk into the centre (cathedral area or New St) and whilst its not the most desirable area of Birmingham its not unpleasant.

Would definitely use again if visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear zz-uk,

Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We live nearby but wanted to stay in Birmingham to enjoy a night out with friends without having to drive home - or having to leave on the last train.

We were very impressed from the moment we walked through the door till the moment we checked out. The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. Shower is lovely, excellent toilettries provided and the room had everything we could possibly want for a night's stay.

After our meal in St Paul's square (2 mins walk) we all came back to the bar and were impressed with the reasonable prices (£18,55 for a bottle of wine and a pint of beer). We showed our friends the room who were also very impressed.

In the morning we thought we were the only ones in the hotel as it had been very quiet and therefore we had had an excellent night's sleep. So we were suprised to find the breakfast restaurant very busy! Breakfast was fine - not spectacular, but something for everyone.

At £62 for a night, including breakfast we will definately use it again.

Room Tip: we were in room 237, not much of a window and no view (unless you like to look at a roof with air co...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dominique P,

Lincoln
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

When we arrived to the hotel we were greeted by friendly staff and checked in immediately - which was good as we had arrived before check-in time. We went straight up to our room and was pretty happy with the room. It was nicely decorated with a large wet-room and a decent TV. All seemed well until I came across a toenail on the floor!!
As we had arrived back from a day of shopping we wanted quick showers before we left for a meal. This became an issue as the shower flooded right through into our bedroom and onto the carpet - also getting our shoes wet.
We headed downstairs for a drink and although there was minimal staff the lady who did serve us, 'Sarah', was really lovely!
The bed was comfy so I expected a good night of sleep but the train track directly outside of my room window was a disturbance unfortunately!
The gym was good - basic but for the price of the hotel we were very happy & we were the only people in there so were able to get the music on the TV turned up!
The breakfast was good. There was plenty of it too. Unfortunately my boyfriend did find a couple of hairs in his food which was a shame but these things do happen.
I complained and am currently in the process of receiving a refund. - The hotel has stuck to it's guarantee - 'If you're not 100% satisfied you don't pay'.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah B
Dear Sarah B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I have discussed your comments in full with the team here. I can assure you these we isolated incidents and not a regular occurance.
I was pleased to see that the team immediately offered a full refund under our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Booked this hotel for a night out in Brum. Really good value, we we're going to book in at the Ibis but they we're fully booked and we enjoyed the Hilton much more!

The room was lovely but I as I booked for 3 I expected the room to be ready but they had to put the sofa bed down and get more glasses and towels while I was waiting .. nothing major but if your asking how many are staying you may as well get the room ready before check in!

Apart from that everything else was fab..we were a little delicate after our night but my Boyfriend said Breakfast was delish too!

Thanks for a nice stay :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends