“Great Beer, Great Food!”
Review of BrewDog Birmingham

BrewDog Birmingham
Ranked #4 of 129 Nightlife in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Mecca for craft beer in Birmingham! We are not the norm, we are not the usual... what we are is kick a** beer! Without us we are nothing!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great Beer, Great Food!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have visited the Brew Dog Bar in Birmingham a few times now but felt I should write a review after sampling their food last Wednesday.
As a real ale/cider drinker I already loved Brew Dog as they have some really interesting, unusual drinks many of which I have not seen anywhere else in Bham, but now I can also say I love their food too!! It's a simple menu containing mainly burgers and baps with nachos (no chips!), I chose the chicken and chorizo burger which was honestly one of the best burgers I've ever had, my husband also loved their pulled beef bap, priced at £7.50 and £6 respectively were good value for money - portion sizes are decent and meat quality superb!
I agree with many comments that this kind of bar is not going to be for everyone, but there is a new/trendy movement in Bham surrounding craft beers and every evening I have visited the place it's been very busy - so many like me are loving it!
The only reason I have not awarded 5 stars is because of the drinks prices, which I understand given the quality/specialised/strength of beers available but it is still one of the most expensive bars in Bham. I would also like to see more than one draught cider available...
If you're a fan of good beer and/or burgers please visit this place at least once!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank BhamFoodie83

• Greek first
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A good change”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We came here on a Friday evening, the atmosphere was good and friendly. Since it was busy, we were expecting to have to wait to be served, however the staff were quick and friendly. They have a great selection of beers, enough to keep any beer enthusiast happy.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Came here on a Wednesday evening. Busy and friendly atmosphere, mainly business men. My drinking partner was the beer enthusiast, he sampled a couple of shots before deciding on a half pint of ale that tasted quite nice actually.

After the initial shock of realising that they don't do any drinks I like I went for the bar tenders recommendation of a rum and ginger beer cocktail. I certainly wasn't disappointed. 3 of those later...and I was ready for my bed.

Great place to unwind with friends after a busy day, bar snacks were of good quality and tasty as well.

1 Thank BrummyChick
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice change to the norm”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have just moved to the city and literally live next door to Brew Dog so had to give it a go.

Was impressed that it was different to the norm as in they do all their own beers plus all the staff help you out and let you try them before you order as well.

Certainly some strong stuff on the menu and wouldn't recommend spending your whole night in there as it could get messy!

The prices are not too great quite expensive really for a pint and some you only get 1/3 of a pint due to the strength.

I go quite often now and would certainly recommend giving it a go.

Visited May 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beer emporium heaven! Good place to chill out”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Lots of different beers, lagers and ales, very pleasant staff. They have lots of beers on tap and always have you taste them before you have one.

Cool place to go if you wanna chill and if you wanna have a very very good pint.

They serve nice burgers + beer garden in front = you can't go wrong.