“TIKAA'D TO BITS”

Taste Of Khyber
Ranked #1,067 of 2,644 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Pakistani, Afghani
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I meant to go to the Khyber Pass just up the road but got my Khybers mixed up and ended up at this Afghani restaurant.. It was full of locals/regulars so when I walked in, the experience was a bit like walking into a strange suburban pub in the seventies...conversations almost stopped and cutlery and drinks were downed! However, I was meeting a couple of mates, one who lived locally and we proceeded to have an excellent meal. We shared a Lamb Karahi..chunks of tender meat on the bone in a spicy sauce sizzling in the large Karahi. We also shared a large naan which came speared on a spike which looked like it could do serious damage in the wrong hands.
However, the highlight was the 'Charsi Tikka' perhaps the best tikka that I had ever tasted . Salted and lightly spiced chunks of tender mutton which made a very decent meal memorable.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to this place quite a few times with friends and family and even with parents as well. This restaurant undoubtedly gives you the best value for money in Birmingham. Chapal Kebab with peshawar nan is a must for this place. Other curry is also very good. Don't look at the environment just go with the taste.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Hi everyone visted today as I eat afghan food regularly so we tried this place it is a total dive totally filthy food is disgusting I can’t express how bad this place is and the staff let’s not go there if there was a zero rating the won’t be worthy of that even

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Rude, arrogant staff. Cams from 43 miles to treat my family with Afghan rice and kebab. I rang them and placed the order and picked up in half hour, brought home and the food stinks as it was two three days old, sticky rice and the bad smell, I just wish if I would have gone down and slammed the food on their rude faces but was tied up, I got partial refund over the phone through bank transfer, but the made me feel that they done me a favour. Please stay away from them idiots and Google more restaurants.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Was recommended this place for their chapli kebabs which don't disappoint, very nice and cooked just right. Naans are very good too. Quick service.

Date of visit: November 2017