“Best Biriyani ever. ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My review is purely for the food as I picked up a take away.
The Lamb Biriyani and kofta starter was the best I've eaten. Credit to the chef.

1  Thank Dsouzasavio1980

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently visited this restaurant and I was pretty disappointed. We went on the basis of friend's recommendations and tripadvisor reviews so we had high hopes.

We waited over 20 minutes for drinks, and in the end we had to ask him to come and take our drinks order. We didn't order food until 45 minutes into our dinner and everything about the service seemed so s.l.o.w. The server didn't look impressed at having to serve us, and I would even say had a slight attitude.

In all honesty, the menu is pretty sparse compared to what you might expect from an indian restaurant. What I would usually order isn't on the menu, and while they were helpful in cooking me something off the menu, a dish which is typically non-spicy came out so spicy I had to leave it which is a complete waste of money. My main didn't taste much different from a supermarket bought curry or ready meal.

The only reason I've given this two stars rather than one is that it is very reasonably priced. Maybe I was expecting something different/better to what this restaurant offers which isn't the restaurant's fault, however it doesn't escape the fact I was pretty disappointed with such a raved about restaurant.

2  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went here for an early Fathers day meal while visiting Dad up near B'ham. Left very unhappy as the waiter who was serving us had a smirk on his face all night while serving us and gradually as the evening progressed we felt more and more unwanted in the restaurant. The food was ok, but my wife and I felt we couldnt enjoy it as much as we had hoped because of the atmosphere. I felt bad for my Dad, especially as I was the one who had booked the table.

5  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We've all had Indian food, surely? Or at least we think we have. Truth be told, most of the Indian restaurants we go to are actually Bangladeshi. They're normally very good, but you need to come here to Punjabi Rasoi to experience Indian food as it is meant to be.

There's a great selection of dishes you won't have tried before, and what's really great is that the staff are very knowledgeable and will happily advise you and help you through the menu.

Nothing is too much trouble, and they're willing to cook you something different if you want to try something that's not on the menu.

Nice environment, good food, helpful staff. All in all, a great night out.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is superb. This was maybe ma 7th-8th visit in the past few months. Can not fault the service and food. I would definatley recommend the lamb chops! The meat falls off the bone and is very well presented. One fault I found was that the mixed platter for four had only two prawns and two chops along with chicken and fish, so couldn't exactly split with everyone in the group.
A main dish I would recommend would be murgh keema. Chicken cooked in mince lamb, wonderfully cooked up on every visit. Food and service is 10/10 but the restaurant lacks atmosphere and can be slightly cold other then that it is one of my favourite restaurants for punjabi/Indian cuisine
Would definatley recommend and will definitely go again .