“Not happy at all!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Zizi Restaurant
Ranked #340 of 2,186 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not happy at all!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

It might have been bad luck, but serving raw fish in a restaurant (thats is not Japanese) is an absolute No Go! The competition is high, so at least the fundamentals of a restaurant have to be right! Sorry but I won't come here again!

Visited March 2013

Llansaint, United Kingdom
“Top service and very kiddie friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Super service from very friendly staff made a family kiddie lunch relaxed and the food was delicious

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Llansaint
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“huge portions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

A group of came here to celebrate my sister-in-laws graduation. The service & staff were great.
The food was reasonably priced, especially the set menu. Some people on here have said the portions were tiny, I'm not sure what they ate, but I had a garlic bread starter and pizza for main, it was massive! I couldn't even fit my plate on the table and needless to say there were leftovers! Same goes for the whole party! I would definitely eat here again.
only bad point is they could do separate bills for our group, prob the only restaurant I've been to that couldn't do this.

• Visited October 2013
Tarporley, United Kingdom
“Service not included”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Last Sunday we went, with a few friends to ZiZi in the Mailbox, Birmingham. From the outside it looked like a convivial place to be and, on initial views it proved thus. They seated us at a busy table close to the servery and the smells were delicious. It took a while to get an order placed - the waitress started to get the order and then said she needed to have her pad - surely this is a prerequisite for anyone in the waitering game? She took an order for five drinks and then delivered four, seemingly having forgotten the simplest (an orange juice). mrs Frank likes simple food and ordered a lasagne which, when it came, had an excellent sauce but the meat was almost inedible. The rest of the meal was good and once we had finished Mrs F went to the smallest room to freshen up. Just then a waiter took a short-cut via the back of our table between Mrs T's seat and the table with two other customers - cheek.

So, when the bill came, it was OK, not too expensive given that there were five meals and drinks, but definitely not worth it. What caused me angst was that the handset asked me if I wanted to include a gratuity and then did I want to contribute to a charity - I found this too intrusive.

Would I go back again - probably not!

• Visited October 2013
Lizard Peninsula, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not that great...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Friendly staff but that's about it. Disappointing even for a Chain. Small portions and pasta tasted like it came out of a packet. I would have ordered desert, but after the meal I thought I'd rather eat chocolate in our hotel room instead. I'm just please I had a tastecard so I didn't have to pay full price. Back to Prezzo next time!

Visited August 2013