“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Very nice atmosphere in which to eat. Good selection of meals. Starters tasty but could be bigger. Mains ok. Slightly dearer than the local "meal deal" places but still fair value. Friendly and efficient service.

There are newer reviews for Ginger Tree Restaurant

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Excellent service from all members of staff who were involved in serving me. Really enjoyed the food, and it was excellent value. The restaurant has a very nice modern feel to it, very light and airy unlike some enclosed dark ones. Good location with plenty of parking!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I can assure the doubters on here that my review was genuine and that 3 out of 4 of the group suffers illness after eating here. I do not think it was the food but the warm pints of cobra, even the staff said it was the end of the barrel. Once bitten, twice shy tho, and none of us will return here

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We have just had our third visit to the Ginger Tree and can honestly say we havent eaten anywhere that can rival this place for taste, presentation and experience.

All the times we have visited we have been able to get a table but I think this might be just luck and will look now to book as it is getting more popular, would hate to turn up and not be able to eat.

The front of house staff are polite, helpful and attentive but not intrusive. Advice is given on the menu if you are unsure of what to select, there is also the bonus that the dishes can be and are adjusted to your taste so if you would like something slightly hotter it will be made with the extra kick you want, likewise they will tone down the bite if you fancy the sound of one of the dishes but are not happy with the strength of spice.

The decor is fresh and clean and does add to the experience of the place, large windows let in a lot of natural light so it doesnt have the feel of a dingy cellar like some restaurants.

We usually have a drink whilst waiting for friends to join us and that is not an issue for the staff we sit in the small bar area (could do with a table in there though) until they arrive. There is no rush to get us to the table and they are happy to let us enjoy our drink.

The selection on the menu should keep everyone happy and I cant recommend the lamb tawa highly enough it really is a must try dish.

I have to say I am little suspicious of all the bad reviews given that they are first reviews, perhaps only slating the competition for other restaurants. Maybe those restaurants should concentrate on improving their own food and surroundings and not soliciting the help of friends to run off the best competition.

The Ginger Tree really is well worth a visit ......and we will be visiting again very soon

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We dined here with four friends, all of whom had dined here before and had recommended it. The first thing that struck me was the space, most 'Indian Restaurants' we normally frequent in this area pack the tables in which can be uncomfortable. The Ginger Tree has spaced the tables in such a way that you don't feel that you are crowding in on the adjacent tables. The takeaway area is separate from the main dining area, another big plus. Plain white walls for the most part, big picture windows, muted colour carpet and spotless linen all gave a favourable initial impression. The menu was comprehensive, and laid out very well. Unusually, for a lot of curry restaurants, they are licensed and my Cobra lager was suitably chilled and arrived within minutes of our drinks order being taken. Our food was beautiful, well presented, and tasty. The staff attentive, polite and friendly. Do not take notice of any negative reviews you may read, I suspect they have been written by 'the competition'. I have eaten Indian food all over the Uk and the Far East AND India and The Ginger Tree is up there with some of the best. We shall be dining here again, and again.