“Best Ever”

ASK Italian - Birmingham City Centre
Ranked #206 of 2,226 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Birmingham City Centre is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Birmingham City Centre menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best Ever”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had a pizza the long shaped one. It was really great and exceptionally tasty. Good Wine and atmosphere for my Husband's Birthday. Good Starter too.

Visited April 2014

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Not all its cracked up to be!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I love Ask!... but felt a little put off by the staff in the one in Birmingham. Food was absolutely delicious as always, but... We went in because there was a board outside advertising a £7.95 for a main and a drink deal. We went in, was seated and given menus.... NOT containing the deal, so after waiting a while, I went to look for someone to ask. No problem was the reply and I was handed one. We chose what we wanted, waited, ordered and ate, perfect.... then when I got the bill, I noticed that they had not given me the lunchtime deal... when I ask about it, they said 'oh I didn't know'!! I really don't like talking about money so it was hard for me to query the bill, which was some £7 dearer than it should have been. However I did query it and I was charged the correct amount in the end... It kind of felt that although they offer that deal, they would do anything not to let you have it. Perhaps they are paid on commision?? Anyway, I won't be back even though the food was delightful as I don't like confrontation.

Visited April 2014
England
“Good service, great food and quirky decor”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to many ASK restaurants throughout the UK and I'd say this one is definitely one of my favourites. The service is good, they have a nice range of pizza, many of which are gluten free (hooray for me!) The decor is modern and slightly quirky but in a good way) the fishbowls containing tomatoes or lemons etc add to the atmosphere and it was busy, though you would not realise with the speed and quality of the service.

1 Thank PooplePeopleEater
worcs
“Very good service.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Our 1st experience of Ask was brilliant thank you to Sian the GM of the restaurant. From entering to leaving we were impressed. From being acknowledge as soon as we entered to the quick service and superb food .Sian knew we were in a rush as we had a show booked and she made it possible thank you. We will be returning . A.Cooper.Bromsgrove.

• Visited April 2014
North Wales
“Enjoyed the food, but service is hit and miss”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited two nights in a row. Decent value for money and tasty food both nights. Excellent ambience on the first night (Friday) as the place was full of mostly, young people enjoying themselves. The service on the first night was excellent - plenty of banter and efficient service from this (bearded) waiter. However, not so good on the second evening - we felt that this waiter was just going through the motions and had no pride in his work. Pity, it rather spoilt it for us.

• Visited April 2014