“Fantastic Indian food!”

Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Indian, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We visited last night as a group of 13 for a leaving do. Sunny was very helpful on the phone, moving things around to get us a table at the last minute. Most of us went for the mixed grill which was absolutely delicious and fantastic value for money, the portions were huge, even the small one. A few others had currys and were very impressed. If you're looking for great Indian food in a pub atmosphere at great prices then this place is a must. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Carriemybags

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Booked a meal at the Hen and Chickens after reading all of the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. The restaurant responded promptly to my email, and were warm & welcoming when we walked in. The pub layout and decor is a little Victorian, but don't be put off, the atmosphere more than makes up for this! The Cobra on tap was perfect - wished I could have had more than one. The menu isn't large but we went in to sample the famed mixed grill. This was a good choice; my partner and I shared one and were almost defeated. Mostly chicken (with some lamb) but cooked and marinaded to perfection. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is quite simply the most surprising place in Birmingham; given the incredible, amazing indian food, offset by it's location and appearance. Don't let that put you off though, because the food is simply amazing. The portions, in particular the mixed grill, are substantial and value for money is brilliant. I would highly recommend this to all looking for amazing indian food. Definitely keen to visit again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I often walk up to the Hen and Chickens when I become to like drinking beer and enjoy the atmosphere of the bar. It is like a beacon of light when you turn into the alley. Like a scene from Harry a Potter. And just as magical. You can literally get anything you want in here. It's hard to know if the locals are dancing, shaking with excitement or rattling. foods are good and i like to taste their fried chicken. love

1  Thank mary l
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This place is phenomenal! We travelled for Preston for a night out but I would drive here just for the food! The starters and mains were very tasty & authentic! Going back again in July!