“Waste of time! £10 Cark park fee's.”

The Ocean Rooms Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to The Ocean Rooms Spa Birmingham. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful spa experience whether it be to relax, rejuvenate or invigorate. View our website for our varied and complete treatment menu. Please sign up for our daily Newsletter for the latest information on our seasonal and themed treatments for girls groups, men only and lots more. Signing up will ensure you have all the latest info on treatments, prices and offers. You will find a Newsletter pop-up subscription form as soon as you visit our website.
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

A surprise spa day!on arrival to the car park we was redirected to another car park because there was a massive convention at the hotel. After walking for a mile we had to ask where the spa was. The therapist was great and welcoming however they didn't explain what will happen in the hour and they kicked us out straight after giving us no time to get our heads straight. We did use the spa. The male receptionist was rude I asked him if he like the robe and towel back he looked at me like I was speaking alien then point to the therapist. To top this off we had to pay £10 car park fees and the hotel wouldn't refund. If someone would of said this when booking we probably gone elsewhere.

1  Thank Catriona M

Reviewed 25 April 2014

After reading the reviews I had to make a comment, I had a great time here!
I visited this spa today, I travelled from Coventry to Birmingham NEC via train then got a taxi to the Hilton hotel ( there is a shuttle bus which I would have taken had I done my research beforehand). I made it to the hotel with plenty of time before my first treatment at 10am. When I entered the hotel, I was impressed with the friendly staff, a very polite staff member directed me towards the spa... I entered the spa and spoke to the lady at the reception who was also very helpful and friendly. I filled out the necessary forms and then got changed into my swimming costume (I brought my own robe & slippers). The place was extremely clean and the facilities were great, the treatments were fantastic! I had a facial and an hot stone massage- I would definitely recommend these. I was then offered some herbal tea which I declined but had a coffee instead which I paid £2.00 for, which is cheap. I then chilled out read some magazines, enjoyed the Jacuzzi, pool and sauna room. Everyone I met at this place was as friendly as can be, I didn't want to leave in the end, but left with a smile on my face... what a lovely day :)

3  Thank gurjeet k
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After reading other reviews, I was a little apprehensive prior to arriving at the Ocean Rooms Spa, however I was very pleased with the service and treatments received. I had booked a deal through Wowcher and 3 friends and I attended the Spa on 27th March for a Hen party afternoon. We were pleasantly surprised, we looked out for the Hilton Hotel once at the NEC and the Spa is attached to the hotel. The pool and glass roof is stunning, the steam room, sauna and changing rooms were clean and just as expected. Finally the treatments (hot stone massage and facial) were fantastic. Great for the price (worked out at £25 per person with an additional discount on Wowcher). I would go again myself and recommend to friends. You do have to pay to park but this is discounted if attending the spa (which we split between us), and robes and slippers aren't included (we decided to take our own).

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked a great offer through lastminute.co.uk: half spa day and treatment for £35. I called the spa to check a day before whether I needed to take my e vouchers or not and the girl on the telephone was not very helpful and told me that we hadn't given the information from the evouchers at all so they needed them printed. I later checked and we had sent them already and when I did go to print them (as she had instructed) they already had written across them 'redeemed'. We can all make mistakes but it seemed like she didn't even look on the system to see this information and just wanted to finish work. We arrived on the day to not a very welcoming staff and what seemed to be a lot of incorrect information; we had on our booking confirmation that slippers and robes were included but that towels would be at a charge of £3 but at reception we were given towels and no sign of the other, this is not necessarily the spas fault but the company's that book the deals. It would just be nice to be informed of things, and in the case of this spa customer service was almost nil. When we went to the 'spa' desk to sort our treatments it was all very unprofessional, there was an error on the system and they had all the wrong treatments down even though my confirmation was correct. I have no problem with the mistake but the way that things were approached, one girl was very polite and tried to help the situation but the girl who looked like she was in charge seemed as if she just couldn't be bothered to deal with anything and wanted to go home. The facilities are actually quite nice, the treatments were fantastic but it was let down by some members of staff with little knowledge of customer service.

1  Thank Amanda J
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I booked myself for a day spa through a Living Social voucher. I read some reviews prior to going which weren't great so I was a bit worried that I wouldn't enjoy the day. However I was pleasantly surprised the spa was lovely I had a shuttle bus service pick me up from Birmingham International airport at 13.45 it runs every half hour and picks you up by the taxi rank near the white bus shelters which is really convenient. The hotel itself was beautiful from inside when I arrived I was nicely greeted by a receptionist to the health club and pool area. I enjoyed a couple of hours in the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. I had to ask for a drink when I arrived and would have been nice it was offered. However they were more than happy to get you a drink if asked. The treatments a hot stone massage and facial were amazing! by therapist Melissa. The only thing I would say is that the walls are paper thin and I could hear a group next door talking really loudly and laughing which was distracting. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and was left feeling happy, relaxed and refreshed. I would definitely recommend this place and book again don't get put off by the bad reviews enjoy!

3  Thank Harby6