“Could do better...”

The Ocean Rooms Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to The Ocean Rooms Spa Birmingham. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful spa experience whether it be to relax, rejuvenate or invigorate. View our website for our varied and complete treatment menu. Please sign up for our daily Newsletter for the latest information on our seasonal and themed treatments for girls groups, men only and lots more. Signing up will ensure you have all the latest info on treatments, prices and offers. You will find a Newsletter pop-up subscription form as soon as you visit our website.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

...my friend and I booked a groupon voucher for this spa. Once we managed to book which wasn't easy. We were disappointed by the lack of customer service on arrival as there are two receptions one for the pool and one for the spa. We were given different information at each.

Treatments were lovely but would have liked to opportunity to put our bags in a locker beforehand and to have been told we were in a shared room.

The pool etc wasn't clean and there were pools of slippy water all around.

It took three bills to enable us to pay for lunch as they couldn't easily split the bill in two.

We were surprised we didn't need to sign out on leaving as we had paid extra to extend our day - probably didn't need to!

Other gripes lockers were broken or already taken, we asked for a cup of tea and was charged over £3 then saw a sign offering tea from the leisure centre for £1.50. No water cups and lack of service from staff.

We wouldn't come back :-(

8  Thank G6186XEsarahb
There are newer reviews for The Ocean Rooms Spa

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My friends and I had a living social deal, excellent value for money. £28 for 2 half hour treatments and use of the " spa "
The staff were organised and welcomed us and booked us in for our treatments and showed us around the changing area etc, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed.
No single occupancy changing room only a big room, I personally don't feel comfortable undressing in front of children that I'm not related to, so I used the toilet to pop my swim suit on,
The room for my treatment was a tiny room just big enough for the treatment table with less than a foot around and very dark, the usual soothing ambience music was put on at the very end of my treatment as an afterthought, so Very basic, my back massage was
A bit painful despite me asking to reduce the pressure a bit, but the hot stone was lovely, The facial I had was ok, no scalp massage literally just cleanse tone and moisturised, but nice products, my therapist was nice enough but I didn't feel pampered, all a bit matter of fact so I am really glad I didn't pay any where near full price, the spa was very disappointing, the flooring is all slippery surfaces like marble or stone around the pool, in and around the sauna and steam room so I felt like I was having to creep about even in my flip's, a little boy that was in the area fell over several times, the size of the sauna and steam room was also on the small side, probably sat 6 people comfortably that is all which was a bit uncomfortable being hot and sweaty that close to strangers!
The pool was lovely to look at and at first really enjoyed the glass ceiling but after a bit it just echoed the screaming children in the pool, also it was only 1.2meters deep throughout so no deep end and I personally like to feel out of my depth, the jacuzzi was quite shallow I'm only 5'2 and it didn't clear my torso plus the reset button didn't work and you had to keep catching the eye of the attendant on reception to turn it on, so again nothing major but not quite up to standard, the loungers around the pool were really nice and if there for longer than our allowed 2 hours of pool time we may have chilled out in those for a bit.
On the whole it was ok, it is a living well gym and pool and it came across as your everyday use kind of place, not something special for a treat at all and certainly not up to standard for a group looking for a pamper. Hope this helps any potential users

6  Thank Beckgriff
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Voucher deal well worth the price paid. £6 parking steep on top of visit. Lovely greeting by girls, layout of venue shown. Area to sit for lunch or wait for treatments tiny. Pool - Wow great, warm water, clean and the glass roof spectacular. Sauna, steam the usual. Treatment - do not be taken in by slight frame of Jody she really does give a great firm massage, thank you really unknotted me. Facial lovely could really see a difference. Treatment room by pool was small, no gentle music and spotlight straight over bed. Really enjoyed my visit.

1  Thank Carol W
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I bought vouchers so that we could take another friend for their birthday.

Booking in the first place was tough as they never actually answer the phone. Might be suitable to have online booking?

The facilities are shared with users of the hotel. It was quite busy when we were there so hard to make good use of everything.

I was in a two person room with my friend for the massage. We both thought the massage was okay. Halfway through the ladies left the room so that we could turn over, however this proved difficult as the beds were less than sturdy! Needless to say we were in fits of laughter, somewhat ruining the tranquil environment!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a room in a leisure centre; I don't think it can be classed as a spa as there is no where to sit and relax before or after your treatment. The treament was meant to last for an hour, but actually only lasted 45 mins and to be honest I don't really think the technicians actually knew what they were doing. The facial was to include a neck massage, this only lasted 5 minutes and for some reason two face masks were applied-I guess this was to kill time. While the masks were drying no further neck massaging took place, you just lay there on a really uncomfortable bed wondering what was going to happen next e.g.Would a third mask be applied?Don't waste your money, even if it is on offer!!

7  Thank qualityelec10